Long Beach, CA Flight Instruction

Palmpilot

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Palm
A relative flew with me for the first time a few weeks ago, and now he's expressing an interest in taking flying lessons. (So I guess I didn't scare him too badly! ;))

He lives close to Long Beach Airport. Is there an instructor and/or flight school that anyone can particularly recommend? LGB looks like it would be the most convenient, but if there are other nearby airports that would be better to train out of, feel free to mention those as well.

Well he’ll be good and taxing, that’s for sure.

One of the few places in the wild I’ve asked for a progressive taxi.

A relative flew with me for the first time a few weeks ago, and now he's expressing an interest in taking flying lessons. (So I guess I didn't scare him too badly! ;))

He lives close to Long Beach Airport. Is there an instructor and/or flight school that anyone can particularly recommend? LGB looks like it would be the most convenient, but if there are other nearby airports that would be better to train out of, feel free to mention those as well.

Have them go to Long Beach Flying Club... ask Candi Robinson. I was a member there from the early 90's up to 2003 when I moved from the area...

http://www.lbflying.com/

Well he’ll be good and taxing, that’s for sure.

One of the few places in the wild I’ve asked for a progressive taxi.

Tell me about it... :eek: but they have made it easier... :rolleyes: RNW 16/34 L & R are gone... 26L has been shorted to no longer intersect 30, and a few other less confusing things... one of the first airports I know of to deploy "Hot Spots" on the airport diagram.

For sale of gawd, please start the airport code with K.... I swear I read it with a T end the end

For sale of gawd, please start the airport code with K.... I swear I read it with a T end the end

I'm old-fashioned; if it's good enough for FAA charts, it's good enough for me!

I'll put a second nod in for LBFC. The planes, at least when I flew there, were basic, but safe (some of the same planes are still there 15 years later). Good for primary, though for instrument training you might want to find a place with newer avionics in the planes. While they have a formal flight school, I did my instrument and commercial there using one of the freelance instructors they have who you pay directly rather than through the school program. Candi can explain the options to him.

Hi.
As others have mentioned LBFC is one of the few still left at KLGB, but if your friend is between KLGB and KFUL (AFI or Fun outside) KSNA and or near KCPM or KTOA I would suggest that he/ she would look at others.

Take a look at the Sling Flying Club at KTOA in Torrance. It trains in modern glass panel Sling 2s.

Well, now he tells me that he's in no rush to do this, will probably wait a year or two before starting, and his wife has concerns!

Back