Lone Star Air Museum PIREPs?

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Looks like the last reports on the board are from 2010.

Be in Galveston on April 19, looks like a nice place, so thought I'd get some opinions on a visit.

Gary

Been a while since I've there in person, but its worth the stop in.. When I was actively flying I knew a lot of those guys on a first name basis..

Let me know if you want other tour or food tips, depending on your length of stay..

LSFM is definitely worth a visit. They took a huge hit from Hurricane Ike a few years back (it completely wiped out their "Texas Aviation Hall of Fame" exhibit and did big damage to many of their static displays, but all the airworthy aircraft were relocated before the storm hit, and some of the statics have been restored since then). They also recently lost a P-51 in a crash.

It's only a short walk from the FBO, and they'll run you over in a golf cart if you don't want the exercise.

For those who might run across this thread in the future, know that the museum is eventually moving a few miles north to Ellington Field in Houston. Current plan is to open in 2015, but I don't think they've yet broken ground on the new facility, so who knows for sure.

Was just there a couple weeks ago. It's smaller than I expected, but worth a visit.

Back