Logo Design / T-Shirt

I need to be more visible. I go to a lot of fly-ins and I'm thinking I should wear a shirt that let's people know who I am.

I'm looking for POA input. What should I do? Where do I go to get it done?

I was thinking something that says:
Jack Fleetwood
Aviation Photography

I think I want a logo too. Could be my initials, an airplane, a photography logo, or some combination of them. What would catch your eye?
To get some ideas for my high altitude ballooning logo I used guys I found on fiverr.com. Cheap way to get some good Ideas.

Not me. We’re pretty much out of that business. Too much other stuff going on.

Well, I asked for advice, and didn't go with any of it! I may change it up at some point, but for around $100 total, I ordered these to check out. If I don't like them, not a big deal. I didn't order any hats yet, but designed them anyway.
45306905305_6b978aff39.jpg
46219714481_30450f29a8.jpg

46219714371_63f2a68c90_n.jpg

I say go for it. Definitely go for embroidered, versus iron on decal. It'll last longer and look better.

You might consider the wings with crown that's on your business card as well.

Ok, after some confusion on my first logo, I went to fiverr as some of you recommended. I didn't like the first results at all, and asked them to redo it in a simpler design. This is what they sent back. I think I like them all, but not fond of the dot over the J on the top two, but that's easy to fix. Of the 3 designs, which one do you like the most?

31595802147_fec578a2fb_b.jpg

Bottom left gets my vote.
So far, after showing some friends, the bottom two are getting the most votes, with about a 50/50 split. Shows what I know, I was leaning toward the top two!

I don't like any of those logos. Honest. The lower text is fine, though.
Understand. I'm probably leaning toward going with one of them though. I really hated the first designs they sent me, but I think I like this one.

Or... maybe just the text under the logo? Simple, clean...

Last edited:
Some colors will fade in sunlight faster than others. Something to think about if you make lables for vehicles.

I guess I'll try to explain what it is I don't like... the top two definitely are hugging each other in a weird way. The bottom two are better, but I don't like the way the extensions to the j and f swoop out to the sides and I think the font / lower case looks odd. Also it leans toward the Facebook logo. The big J with the thin F kinda looks OK, but I think the J is too fat. I think it looks better in green, though.
One thing you might consider is where all you want to use the logo. I know the one my boss uses ends up getting printed on our photos sometimes - and that might be something you want to think about.

I guess I'll try to explain what it is I don't like... the top two definitely are hugging each other in a weird way. The bottom two are better, but I don't like the way the extensions to the j and f swoop out to the sides and I think the font / lower case looks odd. Also it leans toward the Facebook logo. The big J with the thin F kinda looks OK, but I think the J is too fat. I think it looks better in green, though.
One thing you might consider is where all you want to use the logo. I know the one my boss uses ends up getting printed on our photos sometimes - and that might be something you want to think about.
The logo is only for shirts. I may just go with the text below the logo.

Honestly, I like the T-Shirt with just the text, but for the text-only it might be worth doing the lower line in red to make it pop a bit more - or a really "pop" color of green or yellow.

I'm leaning toward that one myself. I'm thinking I like it in green though, but blue's not bad either! Decisions...

46536664201_7434ff8b49_c.jpg

46536667281_531b50c12d_c.jpg

The ones on the left seem better. But why wouldn't you have the initials being viewed through an aperture or create some other visual reference to photography? The slightly rotated square doesn't seem to connect with anything?

I added one with just the text. I'm thinking I may just do that. Simple, easy, gets the point across.

The text is your name. The reason for a logo is part of creating your brand Jack. Don't discount the value of that. You want your brand to get to the point where the logo alone is associated with you and your work without the need for the text underneath.

IMG_0452.JPG

Last edited:
Time for me to go to bed. This is the order I like them in. Not making any choices yet though. Colors could/would change, just looking at the design.

44720109740_31ef48da10.jpg
44719633640_a4b164b7be.jpg
44719597310_593e53f7a8.jpg

Might seem a bit too "yawn" but why not have the 'F' be the same 'f' as used in F-stops and maybe more pronounced. Or why not have a aperture or lens like symbol? Too bad someone couldn't do something with a multi-bladed aperture that also looked like a prop under some cool effect. And then have it be a warbird or something like the spartan executive silhouette.

Or like another poster said, why not uses the Wings and Crown of on your postcards. I like that logo and seems to go with "Fleetwood" and aviation. Maybe just update it a bit.

Unfortunately the green ones get too much of a Holiday Inn / Rental car look - they do catch your eye but the association with aviation and/or photography is not immediate.

The text CAN work as a logo, but if you're gonna go with a logo, it should be something that works as a stand-alone in the corner of a photo.
If you have a couple of days, I'd like to shoot you a prototype...

Last edited:
For the blue and green that you posted above, I like the ones on the right for some reason. Of the two colors, I like the blue.

Time for me to go to bed. This is the order I like them in. Not making any choices yet though. Colors could/would change, just looking at the design.

44720109740_31ef48da10.jpg
44719633640_a4b164b7be.jpg
44719597310_593e53f7a8.jpg

Just as some feedback, the one on the right reminds me of a Holiday Inn logo... at first glance.
If these were my only options, I'd go with the left. It looks nice, and original.
Raise that J up a little, and it starts to look almost airplane-ish. :)

...Raise that J up a little, and it starts to look almost airplane-ish. :)

That's an interesting play! A little bit of creativity and one could create a very nice stylized airplane profile logo out of the initials. Crossing the top of the "J" could create the propeller. Well done!

Something like this? Or a simple line drawing of an aircraft that looked nice based on one of your photos, OR a camera lens on a silhouette would convey more meaning in your logo, IMO... the idea here was to highlight the beautiful full prop discs you often get.

Fullscreen capture 12312018 13736 PM.bmp.jpg

That's just a quickie in Inkscape - could change up some details - bring a little more life into the "props" with hubs going into the cap, tweak the prop arc, add some motion curves, could change the color on the prop arc or the hub, etc...

Everybody here will know the stylized prop on this one:

acronym-bmw-1368279_960_720.jpg

Digging up an old thread. I decided to try again on my logo. I've been using my simple logo for years now, but thought, but after seeing a few of the YouTube guys' shirts at KOSH this year, I thought maybe an airplane logo would look cool. I went back to FiveRR and this guy had a cool logo and for $5 he said he would design me one. I knew it wouldn't be $5, but it was funny how quickly he came back and said he'd do it for $50!

My request was that I wanted something similiar to his Iron Birds logo with a big, radial engine plane. Could be single-engine or twin, didn't really care.

First one is my existing logo, except I've made the "Aviation Photography" portion bigger. Second is his design that made me select him. Last is what he sent me. Not bad, but not what I wanted.

JF_Black.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-08 at 9.55.36 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 9.55.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 9.55.53 AM.png
    631.3 KB · Views: 20
Nah, doesn't do much for me. You can do better. Getting to a logo that equals the quality of your photos will be tough but worth it in the end.

Did this guy see any of your work?

Nah, doesn't do much for me. You can do better. Getting to a logo that equals the quality of your photos will be tough but worth it in the end.

Did this guy see any of your work?
Not for his first design, but I did send him some links today. I was talking to one of the YouTube guys and he had his name on his shirt, front & back, and people kept walking up to him and introducing themselves! Like me, he's behind the camera, so most people don't recognize our faces!

Not for his first design, but I did send him some links today. I was talking to one of the YouTube guys and he had his name on his shirt, front & back, and people kept walking up to him and introducing themselves! Like me, he's behind the camera, so most people don't recognize our faces!

Good. Maybe seeing your work will help him come up with something unique that's a good match. Like maybe incorporating one of your classic sunset shots or lake backgrounds.

I've used CustomInk.com in the past, for adult rec-league softball jerseys. Lots of "no minimum" shirt options.

@Lowflynjack you might take a favorite shot of yours and turn it into a vector drawing, and incorporate it in your logo.

A friend of mind did that with a Gulfstream photo I had taken and used it for some of his logos.

The nice thing about a vectored drawing is you can rotate it, mirror it, or whatever to use it differently in the future.

Back