Logbook Mistakes

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Ever accidentally fill out a column in your logbook with data that belongs in the next column over? What's the most professional way to correct the mistake... cross out? white out tape? white out pen?

Just curious as to what the thoughts are out there. I screwed up my last two entries with the CJ, putting the tail number in the AC TYPE column.

Draw a line through the incorrect data such that the original input is still legible. Initial the linethrough.

Reminds me of some of the forms in the Navy. Fill 'em in wrong, and you had to erase the offending data, and initial the erasure. One of the local bozos initialed the eraser. No, honest! Not me....

-Skip

Just leave it. It is pretty obvious that the entry was in the wrong column and anything you do will make it look, aesthetically, worse than trying to fix it.

My first instructor told me skip's way but I would agree with Greg. Just make sure not to count it when totaling your flight time.

I think she meant to count it in the proper column, not in the column you put it in.

Me, when I make that kind of mistake, I either do a strikethrough and correction, or I strikethrough the entire entry and put it in again somewhere.

Back