Log on Problems

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Does the new version of the site have a different address? When I log on the home page pops up and then immedialty goes away and I get a white screen saying the page cannot be displayed. I have to then click on the POA line on the white page. whats up? oops I think this is what Michael is describing below the 404 php error. feel free too move this post if you think it should be moved.

Last edited:
Clear out your cookies and cache files first. I had similar issues (the cache alone took care of me).

Brian Austin said:
Clear out your cookies and cache files first. I had similar issues (the cache alone took care of me).

Is the cache the temporary internet files?
EB
________
Bondage handcuff

Last edited:
FYI, for Chuck, this is the message I get.

Not Found

The requested URL /profile.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 Server at www.pilotsofamerica.com Port 80

And it puts a /profile.php behind the pilotsofamerica.com

For this version supposedly being the latest and greatest, it sure has its share of problems.

Brian Austin said:

That did NOT work for me. Still have the problems

Yes, it looks like it wants to go to a page named profile.

There is also some DNS issue, 'cause it can't find the home page the first time I try and log in, but hitting refresh brings up the page.

Odd.

Greg Bockelman said:
FYI, for Chuck, this is the message I get.

Not Found

The requested URL /profile.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 Server at www.pilotsofamerica.com Port 80

And it puts a /profile.php behind the pilotsofamerica.com

For this version supposedly being the latest and greatest, it sure has its share of problems.

Same error for me... started this weekend. Firefox 1.0.7

If anyone knows how to do a nslookup, post the IP addresses you're getting for www.pilotsofamerica.com.

It should be:
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: pilotsofamerica.com
Address: 216.69.169.202
Aliases: www.pilotsofamerica.com

If you're not getting it, it's a DNS error upstream from you.

Another question: did this just recently start or did it start immediately following the upgrade on Wednesday evening?

Brian Austin said:
If anyone knows how to do a nslookup, post the IP addresses you're getting for www.pilotsofamerica.com.

It should be:
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: pilotsofamerica.com
Address: 216.69.169.202
Aliases: www.pilotsofamerica.com

If you're not getting it, it's a DNS error upstream from you.

Another question: did this just recently start or did it start immediately following the upgrade on Wednesday evening?

I'm getting the correct DNS.

The need to refresh with each time I brought up the page started Thursday.

The 'profile.php' issue started today.

Okay, I'm stumped. I don't have that level of access in the system and, quite frankly, if I did, I'd probably break something.

Chuck will be back online on Monday. Sorry I couldn't help sooner.

Well brain maybe you can help Tdragger, he can get into home page but cant get to Flashchat.....get message not premited to chat or something like that,also he cant add a custom avatar. he posted in contact us if you need to know exactly what he's getting

maybe it will help to diagnose it:
Sun 930pm CST still get the 404 message immediately after the correct page flashes by.
The only way I can 'get in' is to Quick! Hit the New Posts button before the 404 page appears.

Odd, you all are getting this when going to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com right? Your bookmarks/favorite links don't maybe point somewhere else?

This happened to me once this morning, btw, but reloading the page fixed it.

Anyway tomorrow I'll scour the templates for references to "profile.php"

wsuffa said:
I'm getting the correct DNS.

The need to refresh with each time I brought up the page started Thursday.

The 'profile.php' issue started today.

I'm getting the same error as well. Sometimes refresh and/or back works, sometimes not. Last night, I had to quiclky click on "forums" before the screen went to the white page to get in. :dunno:

Ok I found one spot that *might* have been causing a page not found error and fixed the link. I haven't found any others that would be rendered incorrectly. Let me know if the problem persists, and if it does, please take a screenshot of the error message and post it here.

Greebo said:
Odd, you all are getting this when going to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com right? Your bookmarks/favorite links don't maybe point somewhere else?

Chuck, don't get me wrong. You are doing a wonderful job with this board, and I truly thank you for it. But for our problems with FlashChat and now this logon problem, you have been just a bit TOO quick to blame it on our settings or systems. Case in point. Your quote above, "Odd, you are all getting this..." followed by "Your bookmarks/favorite links don't maybe point somewhere else." Come on Chuck. One of us, maybe. But when you are getting it from several, maybe many different people, shouldn't that be a clue that maybe it is in the web board software somewhere?

Last edited:
Greg Bockelman said:
Chuck, don't get me wrong. You are doing a wonderful job with this board, and I truely thank you for it. But for our problems with FlashChat and now this logon problem, you have been just a bit TOO quick to blame it on our settings or systems. Case in point. Your quote above, "Odd, you are all getting this..." followed by "Your bookmarks/favorite links don't maybe point somewhere else." Come on Chuck. One of us, maybe. But when you are getting it from several, maybe many different people, shouldn't that be a clue that maybe it is in the web board software somewhere?
Well, Greg, there have been quite a lot of web board software issues or template issues.

But when I get reports of problems with detailed information like "FlashChat isn't working" (end of story) and then I click the link and it *IS* working, I can only figure out so much. I have to work on a process of elimination, and very frequently, when there is a problem that *I* can't reproduce (at least, not with the given information), the problem is on the users end. Even if I don't suspect it, and I don't always, I have to ELIMINATE the user brower as a source of the problem.

Case in point
It is 8:40 PM on 10/29/05 and I cannot get into Chat. This is very annoying and I am getting ****ed off. It is a problem that needs fixing. NOW.
If you want me to be able to figure out what the problem is, spend more time providing useful information and less time losing your cool and posting rants about it. Not only do rants fail provide me with any useful information from which I can begin a diagnosis, they also make me somewhat less sympathetic to the problem.

And for the record if you'ld read the REST of my post, you'ld have noticed that I said the same thing happened to me.

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Ok I found one spot that *might* have been causing a page not found error and fixed the link. I haven't found any others that would be rendered incorrectly. Let me know if the problem persists, and if it does, please take a screenshot of the error message and post it here.

Fixed.

Greebo said:
If you want me to be able to figure out what the problem is, spend more time providing useful information and less time losing your cool and posting rants about it. Not only do rants fail provide me with any useful information from which I can begin a diagnosis, they also make me somewhat less sympathetic to the problem.

I hereby offer a public apology for the tone of my post, Chuck. It came out a little harsher than I intended, having gone back and re-read it.

This board and especially chat are a big part of my online life and it was frustrating when it wasn't working when I wanted it too.

FWIW, I am not all that smart about what info needs to be posted when things aren't working right. So I don't always provide useful info. Sorry about that too.

Hey, no sweat. It's a trying time for all concerned when there's a software upgrade - users and admins alike. :)

C'mon Chuck, kick Greg's butt! Kick it!

Whip him, spank him, call him Edna!

Back