Log Book Print to Electronic

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Having run out of room on my first log book I have started the process of getting my log into an electronic format... more like an excel spread sheet that I have come up with... I am on page 10 of about 60.... and, yes I am still going to keep the old pen and paper log updated with a new log book.

Ah the memories... I can still feel my instructor and a few other students tearing my Allman Brothers t-shirt off my back... the taste of the burger on my first x-county solo... and the day the DPE said, "kid you're good to go... congratulations..." I am sure some more memories will come up in the next few weeks...

Any one else done this?

I just scanned my paper log and forwarded to totals to my electronic log, trying to copy each entry, nah

Made my own database when I was a student. Only thing in my paper log book for the past 9 years is signatures for flight reviews/IPCs

For what it’s worth, I went from paper in my first log which lasted my first 400ish hrs, to a home brew excel sheet and now to foreflight logs.

Frankly if 400hr me jumped into a Delorian and came to today, I’d say just go straight to foreflight logs, it’s just super smooth and with the record function is great.

I use Pilot Log. Syncs to my iPhone, iPad Pro, iPad Mini and saves a PDF to my DropBox.

I use MyFlightbook free and really quite good. Very responsive to user input. There are a few posts here about it if you search.

I use MyFlightbook. @EricBe is the developer and posts here. It can import from a spreadsheet, which is how I converted from my paper log. Download the blank spreadsheet, fill it in, boom. I now only use the paper log for endorsements and such.

So last night I googled a few of the n-numbers of the initial planes I trained in... Two came back with an NTSB report, two fell off the registry in the mid 90's, and one is in Texas...

Still entering... up to my IFR training... NDB approaches... fun stuff:mad:

Having run out of room on my first log book I have started the process of getting my log into an electronic format... more like an excel spread sheet that I have come up with... I am on page 10 of about 60.... and, yes I am still going to keep the old pen and paper log updated with a new log book.

Ah the memories... I can still feel my instructor and a few other students tearing my Allman Brothers t-shirt off my back... the taste of the burger on my first x-county solo... and the day the DPE said, "kid you're good to go... congratulations..." I am sure some more memories will come up in the next few weeks...

Any one else done this?
Yes many years ago and kept it current, also use LogBook Pro.

Still paper - no incentive to commit time to an app, even though I use FF otherwise. I do scan the new pages every so often.

Back