Locking Threads??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussS

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rshermer
You know, I have to question the motives of the mods here when threads are being locked for people having an opinion. Is this YouTube now? If something gets posted that doesn't agree with government or mainstream media we lock the thread? So much for an open forum. The ones that are being locked are medical forums, with medical viewpoints.....apparently not the "correct" viewpoint. Do better POA.

You're new here. You don't remember when this forum was practically unusable because EVERY thread got turned into a political discussion. It was decided to split the political discussion into a separate section of the forum and when THAT didn't work, they banned it entirely.

Many of us prefer to talk airplanes, not politics. Can you really NOT find another site on the internet for political discussion? Really?

As we used to tell persistent complainers back when I was a DJ: "Your radio has two knobs. One changes the channel, and the other turns it off. If one knob doesn't help, I suggest you try the other."

Ron Wanttaja

The medical forum is supposed to be for people to get help with issues regarding medicals, not to argue about how the FAA manages medicals. I'm as guilty as anybody for posting on those threads when I probably shouldn't.

if you want to discuss medicals you can post in another forum and as long as it doesn't get political it will stay open, but we're not going to solve any political problems in this forum, so I agree with not allowing it to go that way.

I think the OP is describing the thread where the pilot asked if getting monoclonal antibodies would FUBAR his medical. Seems legit, but thread locked ... and of course the required ...

IBTL

You're new here. You don't remember when this forum was practically unusable because EVERY thread got turned into a political discussion. It was decided to split the political discussion into a separate section of the forum and when THAT didn't work, they banned it entirely.

Many of us prefer to talk airplanes, not politics. Can you really NOT find another site on the internet for political discussion? Really?

As we used to tell persistent complainers back when I was a DJ: "Your radio has two knobs. One changes the channel, and the other turns it off. If one knob doesn't help, I suggest you try the other."

Ron Wanttaja

So posting medical data....FACTUAL medical data is now a political discussion? I will argue that it is folks like YOU who are turning it into a political discussion. Pointing out that the actual data (observed and recorded) does not equal the outrage does not make it political. Shutting down people who point out those observations DOES make it political. So who is the political one? The radio dial argument goes both ways. If you can't possibly get to a point where multiple views, ones that may not agree with your own, is an important part of a healthy discussion, then you can choose not to read that thread.

The problem is that I can pull up a TON of threads that talk about how scary the virus is...and how many people have been affected and what we should do as pilots. All valid points, and healthy. They only get locked, though, when people start talking about the other side of the discussion...or questioning motives when what they have seen in their own world does not match what is printed or shown on the evening news. I am not talking about hijacked threads either. I agree that we should not be hijacking threads. The two that were locked in the last week though, I do not believe were hijacked..just views that someone didn't like.

You can question the mods all you want. It's their forum and they can do what they want. If you don't like them locking threads, there are plenty of other forums where idiots can rant all they want. Those of us who have been here for years appreciate the way this forum is managed.

The forum is not a democracy.

giphy.gif

You can question the mods all you want. It's their forum and they can do what they want. If you don't like them locking threads, there are plenty of other forums where idiots can rant all they want. Those of us who have been here for years appreciate the way this forum is managed.

The forum is not a democracy.

Idiots??? People with an opposing view are idiots!?

Ohhhh where this country has gone. Be proud.

As you may or may not recall, in order to become a participant on Pilots of America, you must agree to the Terms of Service. Within those Terms of Service are the Rules of Conduct by which we make moderation decisions from.

As much as we dislike having to lock threads, issue warning points and even terminate membership, we do so as an attempt to create an orderly message board. Although these decisions are not always popular, we feel as though it’s in the best interest of the forum to do so. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult to make everyone happy, but we certainly try our best to be fair.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us privately and we’ll be glad to answer.

Best,

Pilots of America Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back