Lockheed Martin's FS21

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
My dad just called 1-800-WX-BRIEF to file two international flight plans (to and from Canada) to which the briefer replied after many helpful tries "we only have dial-up internet tonight, so I'm not sure if I can get into Canada's system tonight, but I'll write it down and try it later tonight and hopefully I can get through then."

So now we're running the FS21 system on dial-up? That's pretty sad. On top of that, the guy asked if my dad tried fltplan.com (where my dad normally files except it only works with domestic FPs) as that's where he files all of his IFR flight plans. So the FS21 briefer who works for Lockheed even uses fltplan.com? I wish the FAA would just invest in a system like fltplan.com which actually works like a charm.

Best,

I had to call LockMart last Saturday to cancel IFR and pick up a new clearance and release...talked to a couple of real nice guys in NC and TX, neither of whom could access the Maine system. So, after 17 minutes getting bounced around their automated system with very angry looking passengers on the plane, I finally remembered that I had the phone number for Portland Tower in my phone and called them directly. That's the only way I've been successful in getting anything done when out of radio range, recently.

Dial-up? DIAL-UP?? Are you KIDDING??!!!!!!!!

Was it an iPhone and you checked the WX too??

:rofl::rofl: No no, I just have a "normal people" phone. I fly with two captains that have iPhones, though....flying with them is pretty much just an 8 hour long "you're a dumbass" joke. I kinda want one, though.

Maybe they should just give all the FSS workers iPhones...I'd bet those things work better than dial up (even if they are Apple products)!!!

While waiting for my connecting flight I entertained myself by watching a regional capt trying to hit on the FAs. He had the big watch, the aviator shades jauntily positioned in hand.

He cornered two unsuspecting females. Within 2 minutes they were rolling their eyes and sharing grimaces while he wasn't looking. They excused themselves.

He moved on to another company FA who gave him maybe a minute of her time. She sat down in a quiet corner and pulled out a book to "read".

His 3rd strike came when he met a company crew walking through.... The capt barely stopped, the FO kept walking. The FAs looked around nervously. I was close enough to hear that they had hastily changed their dinner plans once our man had invited himself....

I bet he had an iPhone.

Basically, tell those self-absorbed capts to go pound sand.

Back