Lockheed Martin Performance

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
I don't intend to rehash on all of the issues Lockheed Martin initially had (I experienced plenty of those), but I was just able to file three long VFR flight plans in under 4 minutes. Nice briefer on the other end and he actually knew what was doing. Not bad. :)

I filed an IFR this morning and they answered the phone right away, gave an excellent briefing that was totally accurate and the woman was very pleasant.

Joe

Though I used to work for LMC (no longer), and suspect the LMC business is ruled by the Dark Side Emperor, my experiences with LM FS so far this year has been very positive.

When I was flying this winter I figured they weren't all that busy. But Memorial Day weekend calls were handled quickly and professionally.

It's sad, though, that we're all excited that the system is back to the expected level of performance enjoyed 5 or more years ago.

Not enough experience with them lately, but you have to wonder about an outfit where the employees further west (like Denver when I worked for Martin Marietta 25 years ago) referred to the folks in the the head shed as the "Baltimorons". :D

Actually, the one time I called them recently the service was fine.

I don't intend to rehash on all of the issues Lockheed Martin initially had (I experienced plenty of those), but I was just able to file three long VFR flight plans in under 4 minutes. Nice briefer on the other end and he actually knew what was doing. Not bad. :)
You better let LM know so that they can correct this one briefer's bizarre behavior ;)

Actually, the last few months have been very good. Intelligent briefers who understand weather and flying. It's like a whole new company compared with when they first took over.

I have no complaints on their service over the last several months. I wonder how much of that is due to changes at L-M and how much is due a reduced work load because so many pilots are using fltplan.com or other online service?

I filed an ADIZ flight plan with them a few weeks ago. Instead of entering my exit point as LUCKE they entered it as LUCKY which is in Vegas. Two hours after I landed Potomac Tracon called me up. Washington center was apparently looking for me and was wondering if they should start search and rescue. They wanted to make sure I was ok and let me know that I had filed incorrectly. I confirmed i was ok and let them know the LM filed that plan, not me. *sigh*

It's been better, but it took me nearly 5 minutes to cancel a VFR flight plan on the griound with a newbie LM briefer on the way town to 3M0. I find that it can be a bit of a crap shoot on the phone (good luck lately. Been getting experinced "local-ish" briefers), but my experience on the radio had been great lately.

Pete

In the last 7 months, I have filed 8 different VFR X-cntry flight plans with the San Angelo FSS. With the exception of being on hold for a couple of minutes with one of those, I have had great response from them and found them to be most helpful. No complaints from me :)

Best.

Here in PA they are generally pretty good. The problem is that unless WX is clear and a million, they will generally try to talk you into staying on the ground. It's not isolated to me, they've done that to my instructor, as well. Also, they'll talk your ear off going into weather that's happening in California for a flight that'll take a round trip time of 90 minutes.

We did a briefing back to Chicago after Gaston's last weekend. Despite the severe storms in the Chicago area, they didn't try to talk us out of it. They said check when you get closer, because there could be a slot opening between the two fronts, and there was. We've had pretty good experiences with them the past few times. Of course, we generally haven't filed much, so I don't know if they get lost.:huh:

Back