Lockheed Martin or Raytheon buying Cessna?

I hope Lockheed gets it. Then us Cessna drivers will get our due priority in the FSS queue. ;)

Just a minor note: Raytheon sold Beechcraft/Hawker a couple of years ago.

Which is why I said "former" parent company!:yes:

You did. I was encouraging people to think about the reasons that the company might be a "former" owner, and the implications they might have on whether or not it might be a "future" owner.

Besides, the other thread indicates that the future of aviation is UAV's... :devil::wink2:

You did. I was encouraging people to think about the reasons that the company might be a "former" owner, and the implications they might have on whether or not it might be a "future" owner.

Besides, the other thread indicates that the future of aviation is UAV's... :devil::wink2:
I was a little sensitive, since I spent some time investigating to prove to myself that they no longer owned Beechcraft or Hawker. Yeah, given their history in GA, it doesn't seem too likely they'll keep Cessna in the family!

Some of Raytheon's past GA decisions are interesting. When they took over Flight Options after Ricci couldn't raise the money to buy them out (per the original agreement) they put the company under Raytheon parent rather than back under the GA (Hawker) division.

I was a little sensitive, since I spent some time investigating to prove to myself that they no longer owned Beechcraft or Hawker. Yeah, given their history in GA, it doesn't seem too likely they'll keep Cessna in the family!

Hmmm. Maybe if Cessna got bought they would make something beyond the 60 year old designs they currently offer. :devil:

I'd argue that the Cessna Skycatcher is as modern a design as the Cirrus, as evidenced by its tendency to land under a parachute.
-harry

I'd argue that the Cessna Skycatcher is as modern a design as the Cirrus, as evidenced by its tendency to land under a parachute.
-harry

...frequently!

Rumor of the morning: a consortium of UAE and Kuwati companies eyeballing Textron. Shares up about 35% to $12.50.

The middle east consortium couldn't own Bell Helicopter nor most of the defense stuff. Those assets could be of interest to Raytheon, BAE, LockMart, or GD, among others. I think most of the big defense contractors would not want Cessna - they had the chance to buy Hawker/Beech when Raytheon spun it off but didn't....

Yes, and Cessna is the clear #1 jet market share leader. Perhaps nobody wanted to buy number two?
Interesting chart. I never would have guessed that Eclipse has (had?) a bigger market share than Gulfstream and that Dassaut only has a 1% market share.

jet1mktoverview.jpg

Looking at the graph in the attached link, it appears that the big biz-jets aren't included in some of the comparisons, which IMO significantly distorts the numbers.
Interesting chart. I never would have guessed that Eclipse has (had?) a bigger market share than Gulfstream and that Dassaut only has a 1% market share.

jet1mktoverview.jpg

Looking at the graph in the attached link, it appears that the big biz-jets aren't included in some of the comparisons, which IMO significantly distorts the numbers.

Yeah, they should've been more clear. If you click through to Cessna's original presentation, the page that has that graphic says it's for "Percentage Jets Shipped Light and Midsize, 2003 – 1H 2008"

Yeah, they should've been more clear. If you click through to Cessna's original presentation, the page that has that graphic says it's for "Percentage Jets Shipped Light and Midsize, 2003 – 1H 2008"
That makes sense since Cessna doesn't currently build anything bigger than a midsize. It makes their market share look bigger. :nono:

jet1mktoverview.jpg

I thought the same thing. I did some work for Dassualt in the past and they sure had a lot of "green" aircraft being upfitted in Little Rock.

Back