Lockheed Martin FSS Web Portal

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
I recently discovered the Lockeed Martin FSS Web Portal for flight briefings.

It seems pretty comprehensive and gives all the same info that one would get if you called the FSS Briefer.

Does anyone know if this would give me more info that I could get via Foreflight?

Nearly the same information, but shown in a format (what they call NextGen) that is much easier to assimilate.

And their organization/presentation of the information is a big improvement over older systems. The Adverse Conditions tab is one of my favorites.

I actually use both. FF for the quick and last minute scans, LockMart for the more in depth detail.

Oh, and now that Scott Dennstaedt is part of the FF team, expect the depth of the weather products and ability to understand them to get better and better.

More info than Foreflight shows you.

It can be configured to be the source for Foreflight. But the LM display of TFRs and AIRMETs that intersect your time of crossing are very nice, and Foreflight has nothing of the sort. I also have yet to see LM tell me about inop obstruction lights in Montana for a local flight in California. Foreflight has.

When you log in after registering, you get access to the Dashboard. If you have a phone with text capability you can get all sorts of notifications plus an easy way to open and close flight plans. Lots of good stuff...I recommend www.1800wxbrief.com to everyone.

Bob Gardner

More info than Foreflight shows you.

It can be configured to be the source for Foreflight. But the LM display of TFRs and AIRMETs that intersect your time of crossing are very nice, and Foreflight has nothing of the sort. I also have yet to see LM tell me about inop obstruction lights in Montana for a local flight in California. Foreflight has.

Yes, but FF would know how closely you follow a course. Perhaps they were factoring that in? :D

....and logging into LockMart gets recorded as an effort to obtain "all available information" about a flight (or whatever the FAR verbiage is) should NTSB or the FAA come inquiring, for whatever reason.. Does FF count in that regard?

.....and I really find the "Terminal Forecast" plotting along planned route very useful and easy to assimilate.
Think AOPA did some webcasts about the new LockMart system - too lazy to look up link right now.

....and logging into LockMart gets recorded as an effort to obtain "all available information" about a flight (or whatever the FAR verbiage is) should NTSB or the FAA come inquiring, for whatever reason.. Does FF count in that regard?

FF does if you enter your DUATS login info...

Back