Location of voltage regulator Piper Comanche?

Phil007

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tractor1971
For the life of me I cannot find my faulty voltage regulator on my 260C. Where did Piper hide this?

Thank you sir. I will look there again.

No luck. There is a solenoid, but no regulator. I am still looking......

My 250 has it on the firewall, top a little right of center. My buddy's 260B same place. Can't help you with the C if they found a different spot.

Try left side, up behind instrument panel, in a difficult to get to spot.

Try left side, up behind instrument panel, in a difficult to get to spot.

That's the gear solenoid. They put it there, then built the airplane around it.

LOL Comanche mx. Like watching a monkey try to read Shakespeare.... When 20 knots is just not worth it....I keed I keed :D

I saw that gear solenoid up high on the left! I spend a bit of time behind the panel tonight. I still cannot find the regulator. I went through the engine side, and used an inspection camera for the hard to see spots behind the panel. No luck! I will have to follow the field wire, but there a lot of similar wires! Any other suggestions? There is no regulator in the alternator.

I saw that gear solenoid up high on the left! I spend a bit of time behind the panel tonight. I still cannot find the regulator. I went through the engine side, and used an inspection camera for the hard to see spots behind the panel. No luck! I will have to follow the field wire, but there a lot of similar wires! Any other suggestions? There is no regulator in the alternator.

A lot of helpful folks over at the Delphi Airworthy Comanche board. Good group, pretty much mx centric. Sign up and ask over there.

It was found. In the tail section behind the rear seat bulk head. May it help somebody with the same problem!

Back