Locate that wreck

Morne

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Morne
Took this picture over the weekend:

N93HSWreck.jpg

Now does anybody know WHERE this wreck is located?

I'll give folks a day or two of guessing and then post another pic, zoomed out, with some more clues.

Before anyone asks:
1 - It is NOT at any airport
2 - The FAA registry won't help you
3 - Google won't help either
4 - It is in the USA
5 - It is in a public place
6 - It is located in a tourist destination

NTSB database, 2001, StAugustine FL, RV-3 (N93HS) and Extra 300 (N2XA) landed on top of each other.

But based on your statement, that tail may not be an RV-3?
Based on your statement, they moved the wreckage off the airport?

Now does anybody know WHERE this wreck is located?

2 - The FAA registry won't help you
3 - Google won't help either

Well... One query to Bing reveals this:
ATL02LA012A On November 10, 2001, an Extra-Flugzeugbau GMBH EA300/L, N2XA, registered to Aero Sport Inc., operating as a 14 CFR Part 91 demonstration flight, and a James D. Smith RV-3, N93HS, registered to a private owner, operating as a 14 CFR Part 91 personal flight, experienced a mid-air collision during landing flare touchdown at the St. Augustine Airport (SGJ), St. Augustine, Florida.
It's probably nearby somewhere.

The wreckage is no longer located where the wreck occurred. Not even in the same state.

Hey anyone want to guess my 3rd cousin's best friend's sister in law's oldest child's birthday?

Hey anyone want to guess my 3rd cousin's best friend's sister in law's oldest child's birthday?
February 29th.:idea:

This wreck is not hidden at all.

That takes some serious coordination.

Not if they ar both following the same Cessna in the traffic pattern, and the frequency is garbage from to many airports in the area on the same freq.

Not if they ar both following the same Cessna in the traffic pattern, and the frequency is garbage from to many airports in the area on the same freq.

Well, one aircraft landing on another, I can see.

Two aircraft both landing on top of each other, well, that takes some serious coordination. ;)

The wreck is located on planet Earth.

Ok, what do I win?

Well, one aircraft landing on another, I can see.

Two aircraft both landing on top of each other, well, that takes some serious coordination. ;)

Nicely played! :thumbsup:

King's Island? I seem to remember seeing an article recently about reports of a downed airplane being seen from the highway, but it turned out to be part of an amusement park attraction.

That's cheating. It's not a runway, it's the street in front of my house. I just want to know why you didn't come visit when you snapped it.

Close. It's not actually the street in front of your house either. It's the 5th parking spot in the 3rd lane of the local Wal-Mart parking lot.

I know this because the different shade on the right side is where Jimmy Kebash spilled a jug of acetone and it ate the sealant off..

Next? :yesnod:

I was going to suggest a theme park.

An idiot acquaintance lost his beautiful boat when he fell behind on mooring fees. A theme park bought the boat at auction and shot a few holes in it to use on a miniture golf park. :mad: What a sad ending.

Is that not it at "The Beach" waterpark in Mason Ohio, per the google article?

King's Island? I seem to remember seeing an article recently about reports of a downed airplane being seen from the highway, but it turned out to be part of an amusement park attraction.
If it's not Wright Patt it has to be King Island, that's the only 2 tourist attractions in Ohio...:lol:

It is neither Kings Island nor The Beach.

Additional photo clues, this of the wreck zoomed out:
N93HSzoomedout.jpg

And of the famous landmark near the wreck:
WreckClue.jpg

Back