Local Wildlife

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Lack of Vitamin F has sent a lot of deer etc into our yard this spring (we don't usually get rain til July)

Name this animal bonus points for both of the two common names.
Spike not permitted to answer. In fact, no one in the southwest can!

Attachments

• shrunk007.jpg
    shrunk007.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
  • shrunk008.jpg
    shrunk008.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 42
Dave, I wouldn't want to hurt its feelings, but whatever it is...it's kinda ugly. :eek: Can you pet it? Is it friendly? Or does it bite? Will it be there when we get there?

Heh-heh-heh-heh....

...Diana, you go right ahead and try to pet 'em. Let us know how that works out for you!

Dave *is* a skilled and gifted practitioner of the healing arts, but do you really want hm sewing on you?

Heh-heh-heh-heh....

...Diana, you go right ahead and try to pet 'em. Let us know how that works out for you!
We'll post pictures here. :D

Dave *is* a skilled and gifted practitioner of the healing arts, but do you really want him sewing on you?
Well, I have the utmost confidence that he would be gentle (and numb it first). :yes:

That critter looks like there were a lot of animal parts left over in the pile and somebody started putting the leftover parts together, but they didn't have any tails left.

We'll post pictures here. :D

Well, I have the utmost confidence that he would be gentle (and numb it first). :yes:

That critter looks like there were a lot of animal parts left over in the pile and somebody started putting the leftover parts together, but they didn't have any tails left.

I bet Toby could write a good book about that...

...Two Cool Pigs?

I agree Diana, they are not the most cuddly and cute creature but we still love to have them around. But then I think vultures are really cool too!
Sometimes we feel like we live in our own wildlife sanctuary our herd of deer, and many other critters coming right up to our windows each day.
The javelina are like most wildlife, they will run at the first sign of people (and they are very fast) but they do injure dogs on a regular basis.

And if you need sutures for any reason, we will take care of you Diana... -ps in west Texas our preferred anesthetic is Bruticaine!

Is "bruticaine" when some guy named, "Brutus" pops you on the head?

But then I think vultures are really cool too!
They really kinda are. I have a picture of one drying his wings on our barn somewhere...I'll have to search for it.

The javelina are like most wildlife, they will run at the first sign of people (and they are very fast) but they do injure dogs on a regular basis.
They run fast?

And if you need sutures for any reason, we will take care of you Diana... -ps in west Texas our preferred anesthetic is Bruticaine!
So, I was thinking that I needed to learn about this unfamiliar drug, :dunno: so I googled it. :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:

(Note to self: pack Lidocaine in the survival kit)

Oy!

I thought I was joking...

But then I think vultures are really cool too!
Are vultures the same as buzzards? Awhile back we saw a buzzard drying his wings while he was sitting on top of our barn. He sat like that for a l-o-n-g time. One time Tom saw a whole bunch of them doing this on a barn...they just sat there for the longest time with their wings out. Kinda neat. :yes:

Attachments

• Buzzard at the farm 009 90.JPG
    Buzzard at the farm 009 90.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 11
Gee Dave, you get all the cool critters. All I have is Coyotes and Rattlesnakes. Well and about a million Dove. Coyotes are kinda cool we have a water trough set out and they stop by for water. Might not be the best idea though, they are kinda friendly sometimes and it drives our dog nuts that she can't go play with them.

Last month we saw an osprey! On a pole near the house. As big as an eagle, dark with a white chest & a dark stripe behind the eye. What is so strange about an Osprey in the almost-desert?
We were agog and delighted at the same time if that is possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey

Last month we saw an osprey! On a pole near the house. As big as an eagle, dark with a white chest & a dark stripe behind the eye. What is so strange about an Osprey in the almost-desert?
We were agog and delighted at the same time if that is possible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osprey
That is weird to it in where you are. Any water at all around?

Osperys are a little sparrows in Florida, they are everywhere.

Back