Local TSA assistant director arrested

Internal groping!

I am sure all TSA procedures were followed and that an internal investigation into their hiring practices shows no need to revise standards or procedures.

Internal groping!

I am sure all TSA procedures were followed and that an internal investigation into their hiring practices shows no need to revise standards or procedures.

From reading the article, being employed by TSA is merely a datapoint and probably has no relevance to the crime. Change "TSA" to any organization's supervisor/employee situation and it reads the same.

Would we be talking about this if the situation were "the assistant district director for the Red Cross".... or "the assistant district manager for Safeway foods"....?

From reading the article, being employed by TSA is merely a datapoint and probably has no relevance to the crime. Change "TSA" to any organization's supervisor/employee situation and it reads the same.

Would we be talking about this if the situation were "the assistant district director for the Red Cross".... or "the assistant district manager for Safeway foods"....?

Do the Red Cross or Safeway require any sort of background check?

By this logic, we should probably only hire child molesters to be teachers as well.

Excellent point Bob.

Also what is the percentage of Red Cross and Safeway employees that are breaking laws and how does that compare to the almost daily reports of TSA agent crime activities?

Is there anything in the article to indicate a background investigation is relevant in this case?

Everyone born has a clean background until at some point they don't.

Excellent point Bob.

Also what is the percentage of Red Cross and Safeway employees that are breaking laws and how does that compare to the almost daily reports of TSA agent crime activities?

Scott I'm going to WAG here and say that Safeway workers would lose a comparison by a mile or more. Can't speak to the Red Cross :rolleyes2: No one wants to hear about Safeway workers on the news though.

By this logic, we should probably only hire child molesters to be teachers as well.

Apparently TSA hires them, too. I'll have to find the story, but a TSA screener was arrested for statutory rape thelis week.

via Tapatalk

Reading the article, there's nothing to indicate that a background check was relevant. I've passed many, many background checks, fingerprint checks, lie-detector, etc. But nothing would ever indicate that based on some trigger event (something even as trivial as having the flu or incredible indigestion that is as painful as a heart attack) the person would resort to violence.

Reading the article, there's nothing to indicate that a background check was relevant. I've passed many, many background checks, fingerprint checks, lie-detector, etc. But nothing would ever indicate that based on some trigger event (something even as trivial as having the flu or incredible indigestion that is as painful as a heart attack) the person would resort to violence.

People are thinking about it backwards. I'm not at all suggesting that the background check would prevent anything. But rather I'm suggesting that the occupation of TSA whatever is noteworthy because of the higher level of trust supposedly required for the job as opposed to working at Safeway.

Safeway employees handle the food we eat. I'd say that's a pretty high level of trust.

Safeway employees handle the food we eat. I'd say that's a pretty high level of trust.
Yes, and TSA employees are much, much lower on the trust ladder. About the worst thing they can do is steal from your luggage and inconvenience people (and they do both anyways, so you can expect that). I don't really care that the FSD there is a hack. He is marginally better than the screeners since he usually doesn't assault passengers. Besides that, his job is inconsequential, so who cares.

Back