Local source of MIL 5606H Hydraulic Fluid-N VA

hankrausch

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GoodbyePOA
Any local sources--FBOs or maybe a seller of industrial oils--that sells MIL 5606H fluid in the Northern Virginia/metro DC area?

Many thanks in advance!

Any local sources--FBOs or maybe a seller of industrial oils--that sells MIL 5606H fluid in the Northern Virginia/metro DC area?

Many thanks in advance!

You might give a call to Dulles Aviation at HEF. They have some fluids in their display case for sale. Don't recall if 5606 is there or not.

Nearly every FBO in America has some stashed somewhere. Grab a one gallon gas can at your local auto parts store and head to the nearest FBO. If they have bulk you came prepared with the gas can.

How much do you need? Being a Navion pilot I keep a gallon in my hangar at CJR.
I order it from Aircraft Spruce.

Any oil distributor will have it, or be able to get it for you. I have yet to see a shop that didn't have a gallon or two hanging around.

The Shell distributor for Northern Virginia is Quarles at 8219 Terminal Road in Lorton (Really, this is just off I-95 squeezed between the highway and Fort Belvoir rather than over by the prison.

thanks to all, checking HEF.

Skygeek does have it but shipping is 2X price..Carrol county has it at 2X the skygeek price...for a strange reason I have no problem burning $36 of gas and $2 of oil every hour but cannot part with $12 for a quart of 5606 that will last 20
years...

The Shell distributor for Northern Virginia is Quarles at 8219 Terminal Road in Lorton (Really, this is just off I-95 squeezed between the highway and Fort Belvoir rather than over by the prison.

Also several remote locations (like Manassas, Culpepper) where you can pick up lubricants, just call ahead to make sure the remote office has what you want in stock.

Well just to finish the thread as it happens Spruce was at the AOPA fly in today and believe it or not offering everything with no shipping and no taxes! So not only got the fluid but a case of oil as well, for cheaper than can be had anywhere!

Back