Local plane on craigslist, now on Kathyrn's Report

SaltH2OHokie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Very few planes pop up on Craigslist in my area...so I happened to notice this one...then a few days later, I noticed it on the news, in a field about a mile from my old house (which was 4 miles south of the airport...and 1 mile north of a grass strip. He's close to the grass strip).

Strange. Luckily said no injuries, but certainly going to have to lower the asking price on that Piper.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/fod/d/piper-cherokee-pa/6217232741.html

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2017/07/accident-occurred-july-22-2017-in_22.html

Ouch...hope that it wasn't sold then pranged like that...I think that would be major depressing, both for the buyer and potentially the seller to watch.

:( What a bummer. Decent looking airplane too!

Looks like the prop wasn't turning. Everything trashed except the cabin. Had to be a skinny guy to get out the door. Pilot's seat probably smells bad.

We've had two planes sold on our field. Pilots got a check out then totalled them both on the way home.....

Seller might want to reword the No damage history part of the ad! Glad he walked away!

Somehow I think the craiglist ad is inaccurate now:

Maintenance:
No damage history
well maintained
Fresh annual (not anymore)
Next annual due 3/2018 (or...right now)

We've had two planes sold on our field. Pilots got a check out then totalled them both on the way home.....
I have SOLD two planes that crashed immediately after I sold them...both pilot error.

Another airframe off to the scrapyard. That new interior is of little use now.

At least no funeral is involved.

NTSB not coming out, no prop damage, sounds like he ran out of gas.

NTSB not coming out, no prop damage, sounds like he ran out of gas.

If no gas was the problem, then good thing. That single door is being held closed by the wing. Looks like adrenalin might have opened the door.

I used to tell my instructors, a little piece of aluminum won't delay me exiting for more than a second.

Back