LL Bean is Great!

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
For those of you who thought my criticism of Gander Mountain was unfair, I thought I'd point out a case of a large company that does it right, and where customer service is top notch.

I have probably a 12-year old pair of LL Bean boots. They're the best for hunting, traipsing through the woods, snow , etc.

http://m.llbean.com/product.html?skCatId=35485#35485

Anyway, my English Lab puppy decided he liked LL Bean leather too, and chewed off the finger pull on the back of the boots, making a PIA to pull the boots on one handed.

My wife was going to take it to a local shoe maker to fix it, but I told her to give LL Bean a call and see what they recommend.

LL Bean said that we should send the boot in, and they would fix it, at no charge (except for $8 shipping.) they said it might take eight weeks to get to it, but we said no problem.

When my wife sent the boot in, she also included a picture of the offending lab puppy. LL Bean called her and said the picture was on their employee bulletin board, and that they would get to it as soon as possible.

I just got the boot back yesterday, 2 weeks early. It looks perfect, and they also included a couple new pairs of laces and and a new pair of insoles.

I love when a company actually gives a **** about their customers. They've got this customer for life.

That is a great story. Good to know that there is a company out there that still cares about their customers. Majority of them now treat us as annoying cash cows.

Why not post the picture of the offending puppy here too? C'mon, you know you want to. I know I want to!! :)

I agree 100%. Found their customer service excellent. Add in Zippo to that list of companies that go out of their way to help.

I had ordered a parka from Sierra trading post, and wore it for a few months. One day, truly out of the blue one of the panels ripped wide open. I very pensively called Sierra trading post and told them about it, they took it right back.

Its replacement was a very warm Spider down jacket. I wore it for a few years, until Mrs. Steingar saw how filthy it was. She insisted on washing it, followed the directions on the tag, but nevertheless one of the panels ripped right open. While shopping for a new jacket I saw the Spider has a lifetime warranty, so I called them. Jackets shouldn't just rip open on washing, they agreed. I sent the offending jacket back to them and they promptly sent me a replacement.

I've bought numerous things off sierra trading post, and my next jacket will be a Spider down jacket (if they make anything I like at that point). Companies seem to have woken up to this aspect of their business.

That is a great story. Good to know that there is a company out there that still cares about their customers. Majority of them now treat us as annoying cash cows.

Why not post the picture of the offending puppy here too? C'mon, you know you want to. I know I want to!! :)

:). I will when I get home. I just can't seem to post pictures on my phone using Tapatalk.

Ok, here's the little leather chewer Bruin, along with his older brother Guinness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
Back