LL Baseball Stuff

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Let's see if i get this straight. The two grand-boys, 7 and 9, both play on the same LL team in NH. Their team(9-10 yr. old Division) won the state championship. The older boy was named to the All-Star team; and that team won the state championship(in that age group). The All-Star team now gets to go to Rhode Island for a week for the regional(I guess - the kid was pretty wound up when he was telling me) competition. Picture #1 is the regular team.
The other is the All-Stars. "Our" champ(pitcher) is at far left in the front, standing line. (Both kids are wound-up, for sure.)

HR

Attachments

• Baseball Champs_1.jpg
    Baseball Champs_1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Baseball Champs_2.jpg
    Baseball Champs_2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 12
just curious: The seven-year old plays on the 9-10yr old division team?

btw - congrats to the team.

just curious: The seven-year old plays on the 9-10yr old division team?

btw - congrats to the team.

Good question! Last year they were on different teams. However, this year the younger one was elevated to play on his brother's team. (It surely helped with the parental transportation and attendance schedule.) But I don't know the details sufficient to properly answer your thought.

HR

Good question! Last year they were on different teams. However, this year the younger one was elevated to play on his brother's team. (It surely helped with the parental transportation and attendance schedule.) But I don't know the details sufficient to properly answer your thought.

HR

No need to do much research. But of course it makes perfect sense to have both children on the same team.

I think that last year there was an initial "performance capability" difference in addition to the age variance. My son, having been a high school football, baseball, and soccer letter man, has spent a lot of time with the boys who also participate in football, soccer, and hockey. Such was the "squirt's" improvement that he got elevated to his brother's team. Maybe next year there'll be two All-Stars. I know from playing catch, the older one has a heck of a throwing arm. And the team was undefeated during this year. Regrets, with price of gasoline, they live 120 miles away from here; there are a lot of games/matches during the course of a year.

Oh, Christmas money the boys received? The older kid is taking violin lessons; "squirt" is taking golf lessons; their Dad, no longer practicing it, has been a teaching golf-pro at Doral-Florida and Lake Sunnapee, NH Country club. Their mother/grandmother and I are fortunate.

Last edited:
Back