Living near an airport

Do you or would you live near an airport?

• I already do

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I don't currently, but if I had the chance I would

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • No way, those little airplanes are way too dangerous

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I'm not familiar with this term. What is an airport?

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
I loved the few times I lived on base when I was in the USAF. Most of the time I had to move onto the economy because they were short housing and gave it to the married or lower ranking kids. But the few times I was on base I loved waking up to the jets spooling up on the flight line and the smell of kerosene wafting into the window. G-d I love the smell of kerosene in the mornings, it reminds me of...airplanes!

After retiring from Law Enforcement, the wife and I moved about 20 miles south to be near my airport in Cape May County, NJ (1N4 Woodbine). The wife still works at the State Medical Examiners office, right next to the airport. My drive to the airport is 1.5 miles. We love it. Nice view from my mooney in the attached pic shows the layout...The view is to the south east looking out at the cape of New Jersey with the Atlantic Ocean off in the distance.
My flying buddies typically overfly my house and shout out to me on unicom to "come out and play" (I monitor from home).
Jeff, Mooney N1159P

Attachments

• Jeff_Woodbine.JPG
    Jeff_Woodbine.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
My flying buddies typically overfly my house and shout out to me on unicom to "come out and play" (I monitor from home).
Jeff, Mooney N1159P
Jeff, I just noticed this is your first post.

Welcome to the board! You're among some great folks. Some are greatly strange but great, none the less. :)

There are several from up your way with get-togethers often.

Back