Living in a parking lot at LAX

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Wow who would have known? probably Greg and Teller and the other professionals. Man that is tough.

I heard about them, or a group just like them, a while back. Fulltimers, which some of those almost certainly are, do exactly the same thing. We go where the work is and take our house, and often spouse and/or family with us.

There are a few GA airports around the country that have full hookups or at least a parking area (often with at least shore power) for seasonal/short term workers to do assorted jobs around the airport in exchange for a pittance pay and free camping. One was a sort of passing comment in an article in AOPA Pilot a year or two ago.

Another group like that is the art festival circuit. They often consists of assorted campers, some seasonal, some fulltimers, who camp near festivals every weekend then move on to the next show where ever it may be. I just saw a good friend of mine off this morning who's headed to the next festival that starts tomorrow. She's actively on the road about 300 days a year and winterovers where it's convinent and inexpensive the rest of the time. In about a year I'll quit being so annoyingly stationary and doing the same thing.

Some people do it because they have to. Some do it because it's convinent. The rest of us do it because it's a lifestyle and who we are.

There are a lot of us out there doing every job imaginable and quite a few jobs that are not imaginable. We're just invisible to the general public most of the time.

<--- Fulltimer

Last edited:
Back