Livejournal?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Does anyone have a Livejournal? I set one up about a year ago because my students thought it would be fun for me to have one. I even used it for a Theory class I taught at one point. Mine's pretty lame, but if you have one that isn't, it might be fun to know about it.

You have a nice, readable blog, Kent! I don't want to post my livejournal publicly, for reasons I've discussed before, but I can PM it to you, if you like.

OK, just to confirm: no one here has a livejournal?

spiderweb said:
OK, just to confirm: no one here has a livejournal?

Nope. I already spend too much time on the net. Since I am fairly Google famous already I want to try and keep some parts of my life of the net.

Last edited:
I guess, because I don't know exactly what a "Livejournal" is, I probably do not have one.

I don't have one, but you prompted me to find out about it since it is important to be aware what is going on on the net. Anyway, I've chosen not to participate. Did you notice it is owned by a Russian company?

I had a Facebook page once and didn't like it, so quit. I joined Twitter, but decided not to bother. I also lost interest in Blogger. This seems to be along the same lines as these, so won't bother. I joined and enjoy Linked In and Meetup and POA.

I don't have one, but you prompted me to find out about it since it is important to be aware what is going on on the net. Anyway, I've chosen not to participate. Did you notice it is owned by a Russian company?
Now, it is. It was sold to them a year or so ago.

I'd classify LJ as a social networking site based on a blogging engine. Unlike stuff like Blogger, the social interaction angle is as emphasized as the act of writing a journal is.

LinkedIn seems to me to be little more than a user-driven spam engine.

LiveJournal is so....old. It was the CoolThing before Myspace..before Facebook...etc

<SNIP>

LinkedIn seems to me to be little more than a user-driven spam engine.

It almost is a user-driven spam engine. Just make your network, don't join the groups and you should be fine.

A surprising number of the lab equipment sales & marketing community seems to be there.

Back