LiveATC

JB1842

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Josh
Anybody else one of the one of the almost 200 people listening to Fisk or the tower right now?

Fisk approach is slow. They are encouraging people to talk to them and are asking them which runway they want. They are also asking each plane where they are from. Good stuff.

Anybody else one of the one of the almost 200 people listening to Fisk or the tower right now?

Pretty neat, didnt think of that. Thanks!!

They are slow so they are quite talkative, chatting up every plane that arrives. :)

Yes it did seem a little slow, then it's only Friday. I'm still holding out for Monday, does sound like fun already though.

Listened to it for a while on my drive from South Bend to Pitt yesterday. I wonder how many times that poor controller kept repeating his "...all traffic coming in, follow the tracks, maintain 1800 feet and 90 kts, keep 1/2 mile distance between you and the plane in front of you..."

I thought it was pretty cool that he would just state "...cessna/RV/Bo/Whatever" overflying a certain area, "rock your wings." No return radio call was necessary. When they rocked their wings, he gave directions for downwind and base and then he asked the next plane to rock their wings. It seemed like only those that weren't sure what to do said anything back to the Fisk approach controller, which actually seemed to clutter up the nice sequence of conga-line communications...

Listened to it for a while on my drive from South Bend to Pitt yesterday. I wonder how many times that poor controller kept repeating his "...all traffic coming in, follow the tracks, maintain 1800 feet and 90 kts, keep 1/2 mile distance between you and the plane in front of you..."

I thought it was pretty cool that he would just state "...cessna/RV/Bo/Whatever" overflying a certain area, "rock your wings." No return radio call was necessary. When they rocked their wings, he gave directions for downwind and base and then he asked the next plane to rock their wings. It seemed like only those that weren't sure what to do said anything back to the Fisk approach controller, which actually seemed to clutter up the nice sequence of conga-line communications...

This same guy is lost and flying all over the place. I think he has flown over Ripon and Fisk at least 2 times now. The controller is doing a good job of trying to help him between all the other traffic.

This same guy is lost and flying all over the place. I think he has flown over Ripon and Fisk at least 2 times now. The controller is doing a good job of trying to help him between all the other traffic.
That's not still the Red and White LSA that was lost earlier this morning is it?

That's not still the Red and White LSA that was lost earlier this morning is it?

Not sure. But it's a guy with a southern accent and tial number ending in 88V. Haven't heard him in a few, but I also had to step away from the desk for a few. They might have gotten him down.

Back