LiveATC.net

Arbiter419

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CAucker
I was listening to KJFK tower tonight and I heard a pilot remark to the tower how it was frustrating to not know which gate they would be directed to. The controller then remarked that he worked for the FAA. It'll probably be a bit funnier if I set it up like this.

FlightXXXX: Ah, standard procedure, they don't tell us which gate to go to. Kinda frustrating.

KJFK tower
: Uhh, I work for the FAA.

Keep in mind that that was me paraphrasing the conversation.

I promise it was bunches funnier if you actually would have heard it.

Anything else on this topic worth sharing?

We were on our way to Newark a week or two ago, when, about 140 miles south of the airport, we got a speed restriction. So did the "regional" jet behind us on the airway going to LGA. They said it was for miles-in-trail restrictions over our arrival fixes. The jet guys didn't really like that, though, so they asked "do we really have to slow down?"
The controller was ready for them.
"Well, no, I suppose not. But expect a few turns for spacing then. It should give you guys a nice tour of the eastern seaboard. Plan landing sometime in the middle of next week."
The jet guys conceded "Ok, I guess we can slow down."
"That would be advisable" was the controller's final remark.

I'm sure that exchange was on LiveATC.

Philly Approach (119.75) and Bos Center are always good freqs to listen to if you want to hear some ****ed off pilots. They're the guys that have to hold or speed restrict all of the New York arrivals when N90 starts refusing handoffs.

And of course, anything with "Boston John" is going to be a good listen!

We were on our way to Newark a week or two ago, when, about 140 miles south of the airport, we got a speed restriction. So did the "regional" jet behind us on the airway going to LGA. They said it was for miles-in-trail restrictions over our arrival fixes. The jet guys didn't really like that, though, so they asked "do we really have to slow down?"
The controller was ready for them.
"Well, no, I suppose not. But expect a few turns for spacing then. It should give you guys a nice tour of the eastern seaboard. Plan landing sometime in the middle of next week."
The jet guys conceded "Ok, I guess we can slow down."
"That would be advisable" was the controller's final remark.

I'm sure that exchange was on LiveATC.

Philly Approach (119.75) and Bos Center are always good freqs to listen to if you want to hear some ****ed off pilots. They're the guys that have to hold or speed restrict all of the New York arrivals when N90 starts refusing handoffs.

And of course, anything with "Boston John" is going to be a good listen!

Heh, I'll be sure to listen in on those once and a while.

And I've heard some of Boston John too; funny guy.

Back