live in hangar?

I've had a couple of friends who have lived (or at least had space) in Residential Hangars. Essentially, blocks of regular hangars with apartments in the back (usually raised). One was at Jeffco (or Rocky Mountain International Space Port or whatever the name is now) another is down in the DFW area somewhere.

The most amusing one was a couple we knew who were building a house (and B&B) on one of the local residential airports. They moved a camping trailer inside one of the airport hangars and lived in that while they were building.

Most of the people I have known that live in their rented hangars have a small travel trailer they keep inside next to the airplane. The airport managers usually do an annual inspection of the contents of every hangar, so the trailer can be moved out for the inspection, if needed. The other giveaway is keeping your car parked out in front of the hangar. If the car is there every night, the management will come checking up. The people I knew made sure to drive their car inside the hangar overnight.

I've had a couple of friends who have lived (or at least had space) in Residential Hangars. Essentially, blocks of regular hangars with apartments in the back (usually raised). One was at Jeffco (or Rocky Mountain International Space Port or whatever the name is now).
I have a friend who shared a hangar there that had one of those apartments. Was quite nice! And "whatever the name is now" is officially Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, or "Metro" for short. "Jeff-uh-Metro" for us obstinate curmudgeons... :)

I had some friends who had a “condo hangar” in Ohio. They were tall hangars, steps that went to a full apartment with everything except windows. Nobody outside could tell it was an apartment. The door to the upstairs looked like a closet door. They were, and probably still are, awesome!

Back