Live feed from OSh....

Looks like a nice weather morning!

The amount of lightning being thrown by the approaching storm right now is impressive.

Screenshot from 2019-07-19 20-58-13.png
Screenshot from 2019-07-19 20-58-56.png

Next week, the forecast looks delightful. Sunny with a high of 79. Almost too good to be true.

Headed for them.

7645c34fe24dac3c0b8765885e05097b.jpg

I just saw on line Fly8MA and MZeroAlpha (Youtubers) both had their planes flipped in the storm.

I just saw on line Fly8MA and MZeroAlpha (Youtubers) both had their planes flipped in the storm.
I heard the ATC'rs say winds were gusting at 38 the short time I watched the live feed. Sad to hear this.

I guess we now might know who didn’t investigate the difference between good tie downs and bad ones?

Bummer for them. Jason had put a lot of money into that skyhawk.

They were not flipped, just tipped onto their wing tips. There is damage, but it appears to be fixable. They are both in ATW.

I guess we now might know who didn’t investigate the difference between good tie downs and bad ones?

Bummer for them. Jason had put a lot of money into that skyhawk.
As Groundpounder mentioned -this happened at Appleton. I am wondering if they were not tied down. It is a shame about Jasons plane. I saw the pictures and it looks like it can be fixed - It looked like they are going to have to leave it there a while.
I saw on FB that John (Fly8MikeAlpha) flew up with a student in their 172 and it was the plane that was damaged - not the 170 that they usually fly.

At ATW if you park in the grass ,you have to use tie downs. Not sure that the cement ramp has tie downs.

As Groundpounder mentioned -this happened at Appleton. I am wondering if they were not tied down. It is a shame about Jasons plane. I saw the pictures and it looks like it can be fixed - It looked like they are going to have to leave it there a while.
I saw on FB that John (Fly8MikeAlpha) flew up with a student in their 172 and it was the plane that was damaged - not the 170 that they usually fly.

Leaning it parked not tied down in that part of the country with nighttime thunderstorms is a no-go for me. Find me a place in the dirt and I’ll make sure my anchors are in right, even if I had to take a rental car back and forth to the hardware store to do it.

Night storms there are impressive. That stuff dies here after the sun goes down. Out there they keep rolling for hundreds of miles at night and show up at 2AM. It’s insane.

Back