Live Chat

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
When I go to use Live Chat from the login page, it simply gives me another copy of the login page, whether or not I am logged in.

Anybody got a clue what is going on?

:mad2:

Yes. You need to go to any other PoA page than the one you were on. For some reason, that one page gives you this endless loop.

I'm confused. Please give the exact steps that it takes to cause this problem so that I can fix it.

Step by step.
1 Go to Quick Links tab on the task bar and mark all forums read.
2. Click on the tab that says "New Posts"
3. It should say "No new posts" or some such thing.
4. Try to enter chat from that page. It loops back to that page and won't go to chat.

Step by step.
1 Go to Quick Links tab on the task bar and mark all forums read.
2. Click on the tab that says "New Posts"
3. It should say "No new posts" or some such thing.
4. Try to enter chat from that page. It loops back to that page and won't go to chat.

Well that's an odd one. Works fine when there are new posts, but if there are no new posts it doesn't.

I've run into the same thing. The address bar shows: "About:Blank".

Wow. That is really really damn weird. Somehow the variable that fills that link is being dropped on that page in that condition. vBulletin's code is really weird and hard to follow--procedural with objects thrown about and then a database driven template system with eval being called all over the place.

I'll try to track it down. In the mean time--just go to the link from another page on the site. I'll probably have to pull PoA into a development environment so that I can use a debugger to step through the logic.

Yeah, I mentioned it a few months back, and Greg clued me in on the workaround.

I am pretty sure it has been that way from day one. I have had that problem for a LONG time. Just worked around it.

Yeah, I mentioned it a few months back, and Greg clued me in on the workaround.
ditto.

I was trying to find that thread where it was talked to see if it is the same thing.

Back