"Live Chat" link misdirects to New Posts

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
After clicking on the "New Posts" link in the main header, the "Live Chat" link in the upper right points to a "New Posts" search instead of taking you to Live Chat. It looks like the link from the main page (after clicking "Home") should work properly.

After clicking on the "New Posts" link in the main header, the "Live Chat" link in the upper right points to a "New Posts" search instead of taking you to Live Chat. It looks like the link from the main page (after clicking "Home") should work properly.

Grant, if there are no new posts, Live Chat has a "bug" for lack of a better word that redirects you back to "New Posts". Any other page works fine.

I hit new posts and then chat and it worked for me

Scott, in my system, and apparently Grant's also, if you hit new posts and there are no new posts, and you then try to go to Live Chat, it redirects you right back to the New Posts page. If there ARE new posts, then it allows you to go to Live Chat.

Actually, Greg has narrowed it down a little. That's the behavior I'm seeing. Sounds like a bug in VB, not LC though, because hovering over the link displayed in VB shows the link to New Posts, not LC. So unless LC is responsible for writing out the link in VB, I can't see it being the culprit.

Back