Live Aviation Talk Radio

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
Gold Seal is hosting a live radio talk show tonight (Saturday) starting at 8:45pm EST. Our guests will include Jeff Perry, a pilot with an abundance of unique stories to tell, not the least of which is the tale of his flight from Georgia to Alaska in his Super Cub. Also fun stories about flying a P-51 Mustang and the Wright Brothers (no, Jeff is not that old).

The radio broadcast tonight is our full dress rehearsal for our "official" launch next Thursday evening at 9:00pm. I hope you'll be able to join us because these talk shows are different from anything else you've used on the internet - you can interact with the guests! During the show, you can type comments and questions to us via an onscreen chat window. It's a totally new way of doing talk radio on the internet.

We will also be adding phone-in capability in the near future.

Go to www.GoldSealLive.com and enjoy. We hope to see some of you tonight!

We'll be recording for podcasts, but not tonite. On the show we have images and interactivity with listeners and that kind of stuff obviously won't carry through to a podcast. But yep, in the future, we'll be archiving the shows.

www.GoldSealLive.com

It's 9.03 here in PA and show wont come up , keeps saying Stand By, is ther something wrong our must i do something differant?
Dave G

For those of intrest .................this is a Great radio show.
everyone sould tune in on Thursday.
Dave G

Thanks Shipoke. It went off real well, we had a lot of listeners (even one from Frankfurt, Germany), and clearly a lot of fun. Jeff Perry's pictures and description of his flight to Alaska was a big hit it seems.

We have a VERY cool show on tap for this coming Thursday at 9:00pm eastern. Remember that once you click the link on the page to open the player (to hear the audio portion), minimize it so that you're looking at the GoldSealLive page - that's where the action takes place.

Hope to see you and everyone else there on Thursday evening.

Good Flying! - Russ www.GoldSealLive.com

It's a totally new way of doing talk radio on the internet.

We will also be adding phone-in capability in the near future.

Go to www.GoldSealLive.com and enjoy. We hope to see some of you tonight!

Waht radio station is this on in what markets? I did not see any listed on the web site?
I'm pretty sure it's streaming audio on the Internet, with the ability to IM back to the hosts. Did I get it right, Russ?

I'm pretty sure it's streaming audio on the Internet, with the ability to IM back to the hosts. Did I get it right, Russ?
Ah OK when I hear the term radio, I actually think 'radio' as in radio waves being transmitted through the atmosphere, not IP packets of data going over fiber.

Yep, live streaming over the internet with graphics and listener interaction with the hosts and guests.

Are you only doing live broadcasts or are you also going to record it for podcasting?

We were able to record the show and it's now available for download at www.goldseallive.com.

Just click on the More Info link under recent shows for the images and download links. Currently having download issues with Firefox, but I hope to have those fixed shortly. So if you have trouble downloading the show, please try it via Internet Explorer.

I've also included the photos from Jeffs trip that we displayed during the show.

Join us Thursday night at 9pm EST for the next live broadcast.

Ostrich99/Paul

Ah OK when I hear the term radio, I actually think 'radio' as in radio waves being transmitted through the atmosphere, not IP packets of data going over fiber.

Listen to it on your laptop over 802.11. Problem solved.

Tomorrow nite's show (Thursday, 4/24) is scheduled to start at 9:00pm eastern with preroll at 8:45. Here's the guest lineup:

Dan Emin, DPE - ready to talk about any checkride issues, and especially checkrides in glass cockpits and CFI initial checkrides
Jim Archer, ATP, CFI/II/MEI - we'll be beating up favorite topics like 8-hour solos, "any traffic please advise", as well as discussing charter piloting in turbines and jets
Greg Bitzer - Greg will talk about building an RV-7 and formation flying with TEAM RV, the record setting formation flight team; we'll also discuss the pros and cons of his involvment in a club/partnership that owns a couple of Bonanzas

Should be fun. Hope to see you there. --- www.GoldSealLive.com

Not going to be able to join in for the live broadcast, but would love to download a podcast version of it. You should set up an RSS feed and publish the mp3's for each show.

We have some VERY good guests in the queue at Gold Seal Live. Hop over to the homepage (www.GoldSealLive.com) and take a look. We'll be adding more news and names so make a note of the shows. And if you have comments or suggestions, please leave us your feedback on the page.

Good Flying! - Russ

Back