Little Brother's first lesson!!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
I have posted on here a number of times about my now 11 year old little brother who loves to fly any chance he can get.
The other day I received the routine phone call from him when it was nice out, "Ru, can we go flying today or is it too windy". Winds were calm so I called Grandpa and he decided he would go too. My little brother sat in the back for about an hour as I flew around, we landed and Judd(little brothers name) got up into the left seat and took his first lesson, with some help from Grandpa of course, since he could barely see over the panel.
The planes in the pattern must have been surprised when the little voice came on and said "cherokee 694, left downwind runway 34" haha, he knows the radio calls pretty well from hearing me do them.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures because I left the camera at home. I am sure he has many more lessons to come and I could take some then.

Best,

Thats is so cool, Rudy. I wish I had started when I was that young.

I'd be 24 (as I am now) with over 3000 hours by now. That's cool.

I love to hear about a new young avatior! And with a a clean and percise radio call other people in the pattern may have thought 'that kid sounds young' but the next thought it 'but he seems to know what he's doing'. Good for him!

Missa

HPNFlyGirl said:
Rudy...that is so awesome. How old was Judd when you took that picture of him sitting right seat?
He was 10 then, It was about 6 months ago or so.

Rudy....your little brother looks younger than 10 in that picture. Must be because he is sitting down. That is really awesome that he calls yo to go flying & that he knows its too windy when not to go.

Back