Listing of wildlife and refuge areas

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
Hi everybody,
Can anyone tell me where I can find a complete listing of US refuge areas -- short of visiting the sites of the Park Service, Forest Service and Fish & Wildlife Service? I've tried the sectional, A/FD, AIM -- the question being, "Is there a comprehensive listing?"
I am playing Checkride Prep Stump the Dummy, and I am trying very hard to win one round and avoid being the dummy for one day. Youse guys are my only hope!
Elizabeth

EHITCH said:
Hi everybody,
Can anyone tell me where I can find a complete listing of US refuge areas -- short of visiting the sites of the Park Service, Forest Service and Fish & Wildlife Service? I've tried the sectional, A/FD, AIM -- the question being, "Is there a comprehensive listing?"
I am playing Checkride Prep Stump the Dummy, and I am trying very hard to win one round and avoid being the dummy for one day. Youse guys are my only hope!
Elizabeth

The animals could tell us... but they're not talking !

EHITCH said:
Elizabeth

Can't help you with the wildlife refuge question, but FWIW, how's the game played? The CFI asks you a series of questions and you answer those that you can, or do you and the CFI trade Q&A's trying to stump each other? If the later is the process I'm sure we could help you with potential questions and potential bluff answers. ;)

Ed Guthrie said:
Can't help you with the wildlife refuge question, but FWIW, how's the game played? The CFI asks you a series of questions and you answer those that you can, or do you and the CFI trade Q&A's trying to stump each other? If the later is the process I'm sure we could help you with potential questions and potential bluff answers. ;)

AFAIK, as the game was explained to me by a naval aviator, the pilot applicant NEVER wins. The instructor/examiner continues to ask questions until the applicant does not know an answer, and is thus "stumped." So the instructor/examiner can always dredge up another question/scenario that s/he KNOWS the applicant has never heard of. The applicant can only answer the question, can never ask one, and will ALWAYS end up being the dummy, no matter how hard s/he tries to know/find the answer. The objective of the game, as I see it here in the civilian environ, is to DELAY being the dummy for as long as possible on any given day.
However, for those of you who wish to attempt to stump the examiner/instructor, here's a question that has successfully worked for me before: The United States does not have Class Foxtrot airspace. Who does? Googling for the answer is cheating.
Back to the books,
Elizabeth

Steve said:
Europe

thank you ICAO

And the best description I've heard for it is uncontrolled-controlled airspace.

Oh Canada!

They also have Foxtrot airspace, seemingly for special use.
EH

Don't think it exists. And what is mapped on the sectionals isn't very current as far as USDA-Forest Service Wilderness goes. One other web site is www.fs.fed.us for the US Forest Service.

Eric
Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest

Back