Listen

Velocity173

Touchdown! Greaser!
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Velocity173
Good demo but at 8:30 is where Eagle 10 gets their IFR clearance. Good example of not copying the clearance (runway heading) by the pilot and the controller not correcting an incomplete read back. I like how nonchalant the controller was with the right turn out. :D

LOL of course he was nonchalant. It's called fighter privilege buddy. Dos Gringos covered it a bit ago.
And just like SA.... if you don't have it, you won't miss it. :D

I love the audio with the kids in the background making dreams and watching their heroes pull rooster tails. Growing up is overrated. ;)

LOL of course he was nonchalant. It's called fighter privilege buddy. Dos Gringos covered it a bit ago.
And just like SA.... if you don't have it, you won't miss it. :D

I love the audio with the kids in the background making dreams and watching their heroes pull rooster tails. Growing up is overrated. ;)

Lol! The commentary was great on that. The Brits love their military aviation. Hard core groups over their that sit off the end of runways all day just to to take pics. An activity in the US that’s slowly fading.

One of the best IFR clearance recordings happened near me not too long ago....

Good demo but at 8:30 is where Eagle 10 gets their IFR clearance. Good example of not copying the clearance (runway heading) by the pilot and the controller not correcting an incomplete read back. I like how nonchalant the controller was with the right turn out. :D

Got the frequency wrong to. What were they doing there anyway? Is the Navy thinking about buying some used F15’s from the Air Force?

Got the frequency wrong to. What were they doing there anyway? Is the Navy thinking about buying some used F15’s from the Air Force?

Nah just the test guys at Edwards doing an air show demo. Never seen an F-15 demo outside of the usual guys F-15C (no more) and F-15E. This was probably a rare event.

That.....was painful.

I assume you mean the Mooney one? You are not kidding...

There are so many times I am in absolute awe of the patience and self-control that ATC shows. This is one of them. I'm fairly certain I could not have handled that with the same grace.

Lol! The commentary was great on that. The Brits love their military aviation. Hard core groups over their that sit off the end of runways all day just to to take pics. An activity in the US that’s slowly fading.
do they? I thought they are more excited about their marine forces

do they? I thought they are more excited about their marine forces

Well they might be. But they love their aviation as well. Look at RIAT every year. People sit off the end of the runway in lawn chairs all day just to take a picture. They had Mach Loop long before Jedi Transition became popular. Heck, half of the people going to Jedi these days are foreigners.

That.....was painful.

Indeed it was. I do not have an IFR rating but it don't take Jack Frost to recognize a snow job. Sounds like he had no clue what was going on and after all that he requests a change for departure runway! I'm sure the controller was banging his head on the desk thinking ... here we go again!

Wonder if departure asked them to copy a number for possible pilot deviation? Lol

Wonder if departure asked them to copy a number for possible pilot deviation? Lol

Yep ... maybe he should stay a few days and get his IFR rating :confused2:.

I can't imagine the controller feels comfortable about allowing this guy to depart.

Back