"Listen up now children"

I heard about this yesterday and had the same thought. They've ripped on pretty much every religion and culture I can think of, equally. I particularly enjoyed their rip on rainforests and on mormons.

If you're going to be a part of something that pokes fun at everything else, you can't complain when they rip on something important to you.

The South Park guys are very much an equal opportunity offenders. They rip into everyone escpecially religion. There big break came when they did the video Christmass Card 'The Spirit of Christmas" this can never be shown on TV because of the language but if you find it on the Internet and watch it you will see that their first foray was to rip on Christians and Christmas with even a few digs at Jews.

I thought the Scientology thing was hilarious, for Isaac Hayes to get his knickers in such a wad over that one is really ridiculas.

Did anyone here if Tom Cruise's people are still going to sue them over that episode?

I won't get into the debate as to whether folks should satirize religion, or whether doing so shows disrespect.

I will point out that the Scientology group has taken on others that disagreed with their view of the world. In the earlier days of the internet, they took on some folks that published stuff that exposed certain elements of Scientology, and had a real fit with a couple of usenet groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_vs._the_Internet

wsuffa said:
I won't get into the debate as to whether folks should satirize religion, or whether doing so shows disrespect.

I will point out that the Scientology group has taken on others that disagreed with their view of the world. In the earlier days of the internet, they took on some folks that published stuff that exposed certain elements of Scientology, and had a real fit with a couple of usenet groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_vs._the_Internet
http://www.xenu.net is another source of those that have taken on the CoS and I am pretty sure is the Internet group they had a fit with.

Last edited:
I think it's sad that everyone preaches tolerance until their own sacred cow is gored. Sort of like the muslims who reacted to the cartoons portraying Mohammed as a terrorist and Islam as violent by becoming.... violent.

TMetzinger said:
I think it's sad that everyone preaches tolerance until their own sacred cow is gored. Sort of like the muslims who reacted to the cartoons portraying Mohammed as a terrorist and Islam as violent by becoming.... violent.

And then sponsor the holocaust cartoon contest, just bad taste and intolerance for sure

So I dug up the South Park bit where they reveal to stan what Scientologists believe - what's normally only taught to "advanced members" and couldn't believe that South Park was being serious, despite the bold text of, "THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALY BELIEVE" on the screen.

Then I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu - which is, more or less, the same story South Park told.

And I tend to TRUST Wiki...

Wild, man - very wild.

Greebo said:
So I dug up the South Park bit where they reveal to stan what Scientologists believe - what's normally only taught to "advanced members" and couldn't believe that South Park was being serious, despite the bold text of, "THIS IS WHAT SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALY BELIEVE" on the screen.

Then I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu - which is, more or less, the same story South Park told.

Wild, man - very wild.

The stuff on Wiki is backed up in several other different places including published stuff. Try reading Bare Faced Messiah, that'll 'clear' you. Look at it this way you just saved youself $100,000++ to know the secret.

Scary huh!!

Greebo said:

Wild, man - very wild.

BWAAHHAHAHAHA. That is hilarious.

Here's my take on Scientology in a nutshell:

Give us money, and we'll sell you the first level, in it, you'll learn the basics of Scientology.

Give us more money, and we'll sell you the next level, which ensures you a better, happier life, and lets you know more of the big story.

Give us even more money, and we'll sell you the story of Xenu, which will leave you rolling on the floor laughing. Its not a comedy, but you'll wish it was!

Then there's always this part of Scientology:
http://tafkac.org/religion/hubbard_heinlein_bet.html

I hate to slam a religion besides Latter Day, but this religion is a scam folks.

I should also point out: I can take jokes about my religion all day long, so please don't be offended when someone makes fun of yours.

I read that when a certain pilot JT-something was let in on the big secret he ran out screaming. They have a way to handle that by "love bombing" or whatever they call it, to bring you back to the fold gently. He's been back but he's quiet about it.

I guess the other well known pilot achieved a higher level. At some high level your supposed to evangelize, which he has done.

And one famous guy was invited and visited one meeting. He said, "These guys jest want your money." Who was it? Elvis. Think he would be happy with Lisa Marie going for it?

SkyHog said:
but this religion is a scam folks.

It gets worse, the more you read about the history of the 'church'. The only reason that it is a religion now is to avoid taxes and other laws.

I hope you all know that we could be sued by the CoS for saying these things or revealing their secrets, they are very litigious so be careful or POA will be in court and we will be named supressive persons. :eek:

BBBwwWWHAWWWaaaHHHH!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

smigaldi said:
The South Park guys are very much an equal opportunity offenders. They rip into everyone escpecially religion. There big break came when they did the video Christmass Card 'The Spirit of Christmas" this can never be shown on TV because of the language but if you find it on the Internet and watch it you will see that their first foray was to rip on Christians and Christmas with even a few digs at Jews.

I thought the Scientology thing was hilarious, for Isaac Hayes to get his knickers in such a wad over that one is really ridiculas.

Did anyone here if Tom Cruise's people are still going to sue them over that episode?
The best skit from South Park has to be from the 'Probably' episode :

SPEAKER : Hello, newcomers, and welcome. Can everybody hear me? Hello? Can everybuh-? Okay. Uh, I'm the hell director. Uh, it looks like we have about 8,615 of you newbies today, and for those of you who are a little confused, uh, you are dead, and this is hell, so, abandon all hope and uh yada yada yada. Uh, we are now going to start the orientation process, which will last about-

MAN 4 : Hey, wait a minute, I shouldn't be here. I was a totally strict and devout Protestant! I thought we went to heaven!

HELL DIRECTOR : Yes, well I'm afraid you were wrong.

SOLDIER : I was a practicing Jehovah's Witness.

HELL DIRECTOR : Uh, you picked the wrong religion as well.

MAN 5 : Well, who was right? Who gets into heaven?

HELL DIRECTOR <Checks Clipboard> : I'm afraid it was the Mormons. Yes, the Mormons were the correct answer.

CROWD : Awww.

HELL DIRECTOR : So now I'd like to quickly introduce your new ruler and master for eternity, Satan!

SATAN : Oooyeah!

CROWD : Aaaaahh!

SATAN : Now you are all part of my domain! Everyday in hell grows larger as my minions...my m-minions uh... muh, I'm sorry. Ijust can't do this today. I'm just...I'm sorry.

HELL DIRECTOR : Uh, okay. Thank you Satan. Now, uh, let's begin with the Muslims...

:D :eek: :D

The plot thickens:

http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html

Apparantly, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are in for a fight on this one.

article said:
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

Pure hillarity.

Last edited:
mikea said:
I read that when a certain pilot JT-something was let in on the big secret he ran out screaming. They have a way to handle that by "love bombing" or whatever they call it, to bring you back to the fold gently. He's been back but he's quiet about it.

Speaking of JT - Something, today I got to hang out at the fence by the southern threshold. Unfortunately nobody flew in or out. I've seen the runway from the air and it is huge. From the ground its really cool because of the jet blast barrier that is just a few feet from 77th street.

BTW - most of the folks there live in mobile homes. Talk about your eco - nomic dis-party. :rolleyes:

Dart said:
Speaking of JT - Something, today I got to hang out at the fence by the southern threshold. Unfortunately nobody flew in or out. I've seen the runway from the air and it is huge. From the ground its really cool because of the jet blast barrier that is just a few feet from 77th street.

BTW - most of the folks there live in mobile homes. Talk about your eco - nomic dis-party. :rolleyes:

I suspect many of those mobile homes are just part time places to hang your hat - i.e. they have real homes in other states. they may not be JT rich but they can afford SOMETHING in a warmer state to hang out in the wintertime.

just a WAG though.

Originally Posted by TMetzinger
I think it's sad that everyone preaches tolerance until their own sacred cow is gored. Sort of like the muslims who reacted to the cartoons portraying Mohammed as a terrorist and Islam as violent by becoming.... violent

smigaldi said:
And then sponsor the holocaust cartoon contest, just bad taste and intolerance for sure

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2006/03/14/DI2006031400818.html

read this, poll first, and then the chat. if you aren't a DC local you may not "get" this guy but he's becoming a local celebrity.

Originally Posted by Dart

woodstock said:
I suspect many of those mobile homes are just part time places to hang your hat - i.e. they have real homes in other states. they may not be JT rich but they can afford SOMETHING in a warmer state to hang out in the wintertime.

just a WAG though.

Umm. My mistake, by "there" I meant the neighboor hood outside the gates. And "no" I assure you most are local and few will ever fly much less own a plane. They do get to ride horsies a lot though! The Jumbolair Inn anchors the south end and JY Something anchors the north end.

I got to hear the story of how Jumbol-air came to be. The dream of the sixth Ms Thayer, wife of Nautilus inventor who wanted to be (and became)the first woman to pilot a 727 (?) around the world. The inn was their home and the runway built to accomodate the jet. After the divorce she got the house (duh!). JT- Something came into the picture fairly recently after the Spruce Creek residents wanted his Gulfstrem out of their "little" runway.

Back