listen to those little voices!

kath

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Technical Administrator
Display Name

Display name:
Katherine
Arrived late at the airport, because I was just so tired in the morning and had a long bike ride out there. Got the keys to a 152.
The "little voice" in the back of my head said, "You don't want to fly today. You're not feeling 100%."
Me: "But it's beautiful outside! CAVU and light winds!"
Little Voice: "I know, but just trust me on this one, okay? Can you feel that little bit of a headache coming on?"
Me: "Oh, awwwwright..."
I returned the keys and hopped on my bike to head home. After about 2 miles, I had to stop and throw up. After another 5 miles, I stopped at a bakery/cafe and slipped in and out of consciousness on their couch for an hour or two. When I finally got home, I spent the rest of the day on the couch shivering with a mild fever.
Not something I'd like to deal with at 6500 feet...
Sometimes those little voices know what they're talking about!

safe flying all,
--Kath

Wow--good call, Kath. I hope you're feeling better!

I got sick one time on a trip in the Lear, in flight....it was NOT fun. I'm glad I wasn't in the King Air by myself; I would probalby have had to land.

Good call, Get to feeling better Kath!

It's difficult, sometimes, to listen to that little voice - but you know, as they say, "Tis better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground."

Wise decision Kath! :)

This is what we call self certifing medical, many times we mess it up.

Goodonya ! for doing what we all should. (self certify) some times it isn't easy.

Good call Kath. You can always fly another day. I feel for you on that bike ride while sick though. That's just not funny in the least. BTDT.

Never ignore the voices. I had a bad cold once and thought I was over it. A couple round in the pattern shouldn't be any problem. Hopped in and cranked it up. Little voice said 'you idiot' about the time I closed the door. Once around at 400 AGL and parked it. Any higher and my brain would have exploded all over the cabin.

Hope you're feeling better.

Frank.

Back