lipitor

U

Unregistered

It seems everyone is on lipitor or similar. If the doc wants to put a pilot on it, does it ground him?

It seems everyone is on lipitor or similar. If the doc wants to put a pilot on it, does it ground him?
I don't think so if it is only being used to treat high cholesterol (primary prevention). You will need a status report from the prescribing physician for your AME stating no adverse effects. You will also need some lab tests after you have been on it a few months. If you have known coronary artery or peripheral vascular disease then other rules apply.

Statin type drugs are approved by the FAA AeroMed branch. Just check the AOPA listing as mentioned in an earlier post.

Blood work after you've been on it for a while serves two purposes...1.. it's wroking.. 2.. it's not killing your liver.

I was on Lipitor for awhile.. it got some bad press and it is expensive, but I'm 100% covered for medications. Doc moved me over to Vytorin.. works great.

Still get the annual blood workup every year to check that it's still working and the liver functions are ok.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back