link to EAA plane parking status

We flew out today, left a spot open. Yes, if need be go to one of the outlying airports and surface in.

I'm glad we got in when we did... I think we got the last space anywhere in sight from where they parked me (GAP, last row over by gate 2 by the terminal).

The status when we departed in said 99% full, so that was a tense flight in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Love the status page.looks like another good year at OSH. Hopefully GA is on the way back.

If flying in to EAA, only ATIS informs you of potential full parking, then you have to divert?

Any updates from feet on the ground? We're coming in to camp, but the wife is freaking out now.

Any updates from feet on the ground? We're coming in to camp, but the wife is freaking out now.

I would keep an eye on the updates, they do post the next update time. You just need the window as things open up. Worst case if flying, go to Fond Du Lac, or one of the others and bus up. You can always fly in when it's open again.

Flew in Wednesday morning, over FISK right when they opened the field. ATIS said GA parking available, landed on the orange dot, taxi'd off to the left and ground crew told to leave as GA Parking was full. Went to Fond Du Lac and caught the shuttle back.

I hope that my question isn't too silly, but I was wondering what the chances during a week with a good weather forecast are that a parking spot will actually be available Thursday night, when we were planning to fly in?
Frankly, the experience of flying into Air Venture is a major reason why I want to go there, I therefore have no interest in diverting to another airport.

I flew in last year on Friday at the end of the week last year and there was no issue with parking. Seemed it was half cleared out by then.

If you have a vintage (manufactured before the end of 1970) or homebuilt, the field has never actually "filled up." GA parking tends to open and close periodically during the week based both on the fact that people arrive early and leave early and the fact that the north 40 guys will claim they're full if they're backed up trying to find places to put people.

You should be fine. The last few years the North 40 can get full by Tuesday/Wednesday but then a bunch of people who went early start leaving and by Thursday there are a lot of openings.

I've found that a LOT of people seem to leave late Tuesday/early Wednesday. The North 40 will have approximately 130 less places to park this year, but they're also opening a "South 40" that should help relieve some of that.

Thanks for your responses, I feel a lot more comfortable now.

In case others also struggle to understand which tickets they need to purchase and read this thread - I just got of the phoneme with an EAA guy:
- The aircraft parking area is not a part of the fairgrounds, admission tickets have to be purchased only for the days on which one intents to visit the fairground. As we are planning to arrive Thursday evening, it will be too late to visit the fairgrounds, hence we will not have to purchase admissions tickets for this day.
- Parking tickets are not for aircraft, but for cars.
- He believes (but wasn't sure) that the three day minimum for camping only applies to Camp Scholler but not for aircraft camping. To stay (and pay) for only two nights would therefore be fine. Fees for camping will be paid on site, as explained on the website.
In our case, all we need to purchase are 2x2 admission tickets for Friday and Saturday and pay for two nights of aircraft camping on site. That’s it.

Thanks for your responses, I feel a lot more comfortable now.

In case others also struggle to understand which tickets they need to purchase and read this thread - I just got of the phoneme with an EAA guy:
- The aircraft parking area is not a part of the fairgrounds, admission tickets have to be purchased only for the days on which one intents to visit the fairground. As we are planning to arrive Thursday evening, it will be too late to visit the fairgrounds, hence we will not have to purchase admissions tickets for this day.
- Parking tickets are not for aircraft, but for cars.
- He believes (but wasn't sure) that the three day minimum for camping only applies to Camp Scholler but not for aircraft camping. To stay (and pay) for only two nights would therefore be fine. Fees for camping will be paid on site, as explained on the website.
In our case, all we need to purchase are 2x2 admission tickets for Friday and Saturday and pay for two nights of aircraft camping on site. That’s it.

Unless something has changed this year, the three-day camping minimum applies to aircraft camping (it always has). When you arrive, you pay upfront for camping from day of arrival through the end of the show, regardless of how many days you plan to stay. When you leave, you get refunded for the days you aren't staying. But you'll always get charged for a minimum of 3 days. You (or at least the member of your party registering/paying for camping) also MUST be an EAA member to camp. If you're not, you can signup and pay the membership fee at the camping booth.

So amphibs can go to show plane parking?!

Why is this ALWAYS occurring on my work days and not the large amount of time off I have.

Looks like it's going to be a good turnout too!

Back