Lindsay soloed today!

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
For those of you that know my niece Lindsay, she soloed today up in Oshkosh. Flew a Beech Sundowner. She said it was a wonderful day. She flew around the pattern three times with an anxious instructor watching from the taxiway. She should finish up in about two months. Hopefully, in time to fly with me next time we go on vacation.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Hey, that's great! If it's as nice up there as it is down here, it was gorgeous! Get her onto PoA so we can give her our congrats in person!

Ahh the o so powerful Slowdowner. I have way too much time in 9361S from my Instrument ticket :)

Good luck on the rest of her training.

Pete

She'll be asking for the keys to the Baron before you know it.... ;)

Hey, that's great! If it's as nice up there as it is down here, it was gorgeous! Get her onto PoA so we can give her our congrats in person!

Thanks Grant! I've asked her to get on here but she hasn't felt she had much to say. I'll prod again <g>

Best,

Dave

Ahh the o so powerful Slowdowner. I have way too much time in 9361S from my Instrument ticket :)

Good luck on the rest of her training.

Pete

That plane seemed to have a lot of character! Guess you helped there, huh.

Best,

Dave

Wow, Dave, you must be really proud of her!!! What an accomplishment this is for Lindsay! :yes: Please tell her congratulations from Tom and me. We certainly enjoyed spending time with her, as well as her sisters. :yes:

Lindsay is such a bright and positive young woman, and having soloed will give her a lot of confidence. I hope she continues to fly...please keep us posted on her progress. :yes: And post her solo pictures if you have any. :)

I still owe her a ride in the Citabria when you all are passing this way again. :)

multi is next. dave's going to need a copilot soon :)

congrats to her! shes lucky to have you as an uncle

Wow, Dave, you must be really proud of her!!! What an accomplishment this is for Lindsay! :yes: Please tell her congratulations from Tom and me. We certainly enjoyed spending time with her, as well as her sisters. :yes:

Lindsay is such a bright and positive young woman, and having soloed will give her a lot of confidence. I hope she continues to fly...please keep us posted on her progress. :yes: And post her solo pictures if you have any. :)

I still owe her a ride in the Citabria when you all are passing this way again. :)

She especially wanted you to know Diana! I think she'd love to be taxiing the plane in next time we visit (but not paying for the gas!).

Best,

Dave

multi is next. dave's going to need a copilot soon :)

congrats to her! shes lucky to have you as an uncle

I think she needs the high performance/complex endorsement; then, the ME (but you know better than I). She's on that track, but, most importantly, she''ll be joining that illustrious group of special folks known as PILOT!

Best,

Dave

nah dave, we can get her the high perf/complex in the Baron ;)

Hmmm... Sounds like Lindsay in the left seat, Tony in the right seat, and Dave in the back seat! Uh oh! :D

Deja Vu alll over again. Gave her a car to go to college; now, I get to ride right seat or back seat on occasion <g> (And, I'm proud to do it.)

Best,

Dave

Congratulations, Lindsay! Beautiful day to fly in Wisconsin..

Dave,
That is so great!

And Lindsay,
A HUGE Congratulatons!!!

Kaye

That's awesome, Dave. I knew that you took them on flying trips, but I didn't know that one of them had the same affliction as us. :)

Congrats, Lindsay!

Thanks for caring so much y'all! Haven't seen her on here yet; so, I'll call and let her know how many of you expressed good wishes.

Best,

Dave

well if you have a baron... i wonder if anyone has ever got their AMEL before their ASEL? EH? EH?
NUDGE NUDGE :)

My niece Lindsay passed her private check ride today up in Oshkosh! It took some time and I'm very proud of her for sticking with it.

For those of you that don't know the background, Lindsay is in nursing school. She and her two younger sisters have gone on flying vacations with me for the last eight years, first in an A-36; the last four years in the 58P.

Anyway, about 18 months ago, Lindsay began lessons for her PPL. There were several interruptions enroute between school, a trip to Africa where she came back with some pretty nasty stuff which lead to a several month layoff and work. Anyway, she never quit and today, she passed her check ride and was issued her temporary private pilot's certificate.

Best,

Dave

Congrats!

Good thing she got it done now before the show traffic starts.

That's really cool, Dave. You have to be incredibly proud! So, will she get to fly some of the vacation legs now?

yea, when will she get the multi rating so she can PIC the baron? :)

yea, when will she get the multi rating so she can PIC the baron? :)

LOL I did my IR at the same place as Lindsay. The Apache they use there was rather rough looking a few years ago. Going from the P to the Apache may be a bit tough :D

Pass along our congratulations. Make sure she stops by for one of the get-togethers at AirVenture!

Thanks y'all. She's headed down this way next Wednesday for our annual summer vacation; so, she can expect a big hug and we'll toast her new accomplishment (she's almost 22 now). Hard to believe she was 13 the first year she came down with Bonnie and Brit (her sisters).

We'll be in Destin during Oshkosh. I hate to say it, but like many locals, she likes getting outta there during the fly in!

We're thinking about the local ME course here in Dallas this fall so she can get rated and log some right seat time in the Baron. In the meantime, she's finishing nursing school this year, engaged and coming down to fit her wedding dress and deciding whether to go to graduate or medical school the following fall.

She's so busy, I don't know how I get any time with her, sigh!

Best,

Dave

Back