limits

zee

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
zee
An aircraft is loaded with a ramp weight of 3,650 pounds and having a CG of 94.0, approximately how much baggage would have to be moved from the rear baggage area at station 180 to the forward baggage area at station 40 in order to move the CG to 92.0?

Okay, you are a new student and you are peppering this site with W&B questions you want others to answer. What you need to do is sit down with your instructor and do a ground briefing on how to calculate Weight and Balance for the airplane you are training in. Once you do that how to answer these questions will become much clearer.

This is something you MUST know how to do to be a competent and safe pilot.

Dude this is the third post where you just straight up put a W/B question with absolutely nothing related to the data specific to the aircraft you are calculating the W/B for. Seriously, get with a CFI like now. Or at least google "How to calculate weight and balance for an aircraft"

Here, this was the first hit on the Googles.... - https://studentpilotnews.com/2020/01/22/video-tip-calculate-weight-balance/

You need to change the moment from (3650 x 94.0) to (3650 x 92.0)—I’ll let you do the math.

since weight x arm = moment, the weight moved x the change in arm (140 inches) = the change in moment.

:redface::redface::redface:

...and I still have the computer program somewhere for 414/421 series Cessna.

Did they even have computers back when those airplanes were built? ;)

An aircraft is loaded with a ramp weight of 3,650 pounds and having a CG of 94.0, approximately how much baggage would have to be moved from the rear baggage area at station 180 to the forward baggage area at station 40 in order to move the CG to 92.0?

Is the baggage balloons or bricks?

You don't post enough information to solve the problem, and you don't seem to have the ability to solve simple math.

Multiplication and addition isn't hard, ya know.

Please understand HOW this is done - don't pepper us with these incomplete problems.

You don't post enough information to solve the problem, and you don't seem to have the ability to solve simple math.

Multiplication and addition isn't hard, ya know.

Please understand HOW this is done - don't pepper us with these incomplete problems.
This one does have enough info to solve the problem.

am a she ... yes i am
Some sort of bot or spammer, incompletely copying and pasting questions from other sites. Even a beginning student, if she knew enough to find these questions, would know there's not enough information to answer them. Especially since they're straight out of the book...

Sure, but the did not run off electricity....:lol:

Yep!

01.jpg

Some sort of bot or spammer, incompletely copying and pasting questions from other sites. Even a beginning student, if she knew enough to find these questions, would know there's not enough information to answer them. Especially since they're straight out of the book...

Agreed. I mean, weight and balance calculations can be a bit daunting, but one just needs to read the material on it, and then apply the basic math and figure it out. And it really is VERY basic math. If there truly is a confusion, then the original poster would be better off stating exactly what the confusion is. Instead, they just put forth the problem to be solved, expecting us to answer it.

As a fellow student, I will give this a shot. wt(arm)=moment, so as currently loaded, 3650 lbs x 94 in= 343,100 in-lb of moment.
You want to change the moment to 3650 lbs x 92 in = 335,800 in-lb of moment, a difference of 7300 in-lb.
The arm of the baggage changes from 180 to 40, a difference of 120 inches. Now, given the arm and the moment, you can calculate the wt.
wt(120)=7300. wt=7300/120 wt= about 61 pounds.

As a fellow student, I will give this a shot. wt(arm)=moment, so as currently loaded, 3650 lbs x 94 in= 343,100 in-lb of moment.
You want to change the moment to 3650 lbs x 92 in = 335,800 in-lb of moment, a difference of 7300 in-lb.
The arm of the baggage changes from 180 to 40, a difference of 120 inches. Now, given the arm and the moment, you can calculate the wt.
wt(120)=7300. wt=7300/120 wt= about 61 pounds.
Except that it’s 140 inches. ;)
180-40=140

Back