Limington ME

Tommar98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tommar98
So my wife wants me to fly her to Limington ME (family there). Seems pretty straightforward but was curious if any northeasterners have been there and have some local advice. Not sure condition of runway and trees on both ends of runway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been 30 yrs since I’ve flown in there. (63B)
Recent report in ForeFlight that food was good, some work being done beside the runway.
6 months ago reported some fuel problems, as in out of fuel, so plan accordingly.
I would call the number in the AF/D (VFR Chart Supplement) to get the latest data.

2973’ of pavement, should be doable. If conditions don’t allow on the day of, cancellation or go elsewhere.

What type of plane?

Archer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it there. The runway surface (as of Jan or feb) was a bit rough but not to the point where it is a problem. Just a little bumpier than it could be. The wind over the trees makes short final a little interesting, but it’s managable. The restaurant on the field is decent.

I like it there. The runway surface (as of Jan or feb) was a bit rough but not to the point where it is a problem. Just a little bumpier than it could be. The wind over the trees makes short final a little interesting, but it’s managable. The restaurant on the field is decent.

Well I fly out of 7B2 in Northampton. Trees and fields on one end and highway on other. Short final is always up and down. Thanks for feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fly out of DAW a little over halfway for you going to 63B since you've been flying in this area with trees and other obstructions near the runway you shouldn't have any problems. I haven't been there in a few months and honestly don't remember anything unusual about it. I bought my plane about 15 years ago in 7B2.

2973' of pavement is "doable"?
What are you flying, a B-25G?

Yeah, should be a cake walk in an archer.

That's not far from where the wife's family is. Been wanting to do some flying up there, maybe I will add that to the list.

Back