Likelihood of being cleared as filed through ORD Class B?

No. I know how it works. It's a gov't run bureaucracy. Any change takes decades to implement, and the only change that can be suggested is by someone who's been entrenched in the "we can't change anything" mindset for 30 years.

ATL moves more planes off the ground than ORD per runway because they laid things out like they should have rather than that cluster you have there.
Try again pal.

http://www.ibtimes.com/chicago-ohare-knocks-atlanta-title-busiest-airport-world-1791484

Heck, by day four of the ZAU shutdown in Fall 2014, we took back the title of "world's busiest." And that was doing it 1950's style.

I said per runway. ORD has 9 to ATL's 5. Atlanta is way more efficient.
ORD moves 269 planes per runway per day.
Atlanta moves 476 planes per runway per day.

I know, it hurts.

Last edited:
Doesn't T265 do that? Maximum allowable altitude of 8,000. Allows for ORD SHAIN arrivals to vector to 9R/10C at 9,000.
T265 passes through START which while a couple of miles closer than KELSI is still 51 miles from ORD and 21 miles west of the class B outer ring.

And I've never been able to get even that.

What you fail to realize is that out of nine runways, two are closed 24/7.

Half of the remaining runways are partial use or unusable depending on configuration.

Otherwise, your math is correct. Either way, @EdFred you above any other user on POA would benefit from a visit to the facility.

Back