Lightspeeds. Lightflight L-1 PIREP

Eamon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Eamon
http://www.anrheadsets.com/productsL1.asp

I just got a new set of Lightspeeds. Lightflight L-1. I think they discontinued these recently.

They fit inside you ear. They have a cell phone & CD input. They have a 3 stage rubber tip & also squishy tips of foam like memory foam ear plugs. The foam work better for me to block out the sound.

I have used then for 4 nights now & I love them. They are just about as quite as my 20XL ANRs even thought they are passive.

The headband is optional & I have yet to use it. They say if you find the mic boom bouncing, to use the headband & it will stop the problem.

I can't wait for the warm WX to see how nice it is to have breeze on my ears.

Cheers!

Looks like they've replaced it with the Mach1 for $125 more. I don't see anything comparing the two models. I've been watching the In The Ear (ITE) "headsets" for a while. Kent would love them for flying in those planes where his headband is hitting the cockpit roof. $400 is not too bad a price point.
Edit: Unfortunately, I click Order on their site and the L-1 isn't an opton in the list. They actually don't appear to be selling them anymore. (Yeah, you said they were doscontinued; I just hoped they still had some back-stock they were still selling.)

Last edited:
Back