Lightspeed Zulu 2 won't turn on

Njonl

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Njonl
Recently my headset won't turn on. I plug it in and push the power button and a red light comes on. I have changed the batteries a few times now, so I know it's not that. I've searched the web and can't find anything about it. Any ideas? I believe their technical service is closed now for the weekend.

Hmmm, new batteries and won't come on... I'm afraid they're likely broke and need to go back. Fortunately Lightspeed has great service, unfortunately it's not going to help this weekend. Only thing I could add is take a look down in the battery slot and make sure there isn't something in there blocking contact.

I am considering buying a Zulu 2. If it won't turn on, it will still work as a normal (non-cancelling) headset, right?

Yeah, I've had the batteries go dead. It loses it's ANR but it's still better than nothing. The boom mike works fine (it's always fed from the mic bias from the plane unless you through a couple of internal dipswtiches primarily there to allow cell calls when you're not plugged in). The speakers might need the radio turned up a little more than usual.

Yeah, I've had the batteries go dead. It loses it's ANR but it's still better than nothing. The boom mike works fine (it's always fed from the mic bias from the plane unless you through a couple of internal dipswtiches primarily there to allow cell calls when you're not plugged in). The speakers might need the radio turned up a little more than usual.
When the batteries in my Zulu die, it still works, but the audio is worse than on a very old, cheap passive headset I keep around for pax.
But in this case, if the problem is NOT the battery, there is no guarantee it will work at all.

Back