Lightspeed Tradeup Program

I got my upgrade a few weeks ago. I had 'em on for about 5hrs on friday and they were comfortable the whole time. Even my Bose set starts to bug me after a few. I'm very impressed with the Zulu, although, IMHO, the Bose sound quality is a little better. I'm willing to trade that for the comfort and Bluetooth.

I got my upgrade a few weeks ago. I had 'em on for about 5hrs on friday and they were comfortable the whole time. Even my Bose set starts to bug me after a few. I'm very impressed with the Zulu, although, IMHO, the Bose sound quality is a little better. I'm willing to trade that for the comfort and Bluetooth.
I've been using the Lightspeed Thirty 3G for three and a half years. That included numerous flights of three and four hours.

I tried the Bose a couple times and found nothing about them to warrant the extra four hundred bucks.

I purchased two pair of Zulus at OSH this year, and absolutely love 'em. I was able to take advantage of the trade-up program a few months early, thanks to a friend's influence, and we've had no problems with them at all.

They are comfortable, work well in both planes (the Twenty 3Gs did not function in the extremely noisy Ercoupe environment), and are incredibly quiet.

The trade-up program is a fantastic deal. If you can take advantage of it, I encourage you to do so.

The trade-up program is a fantastic deal. If you can take advantage of it, I encourage you to do so.

Oh, I already did. That's how I could compare the two. I'm thinking of trading my old XC Solo for another Zulu, since I'm stepping up to a 6 seater I'll need another adult headset.

Both Bose and Zulu are vastly superior to the 30-3G, IMHO.

I bit the bullet, and ordered the upgrade tonight. I'm looking forward to the Zulu when it arrives. Sounds like a good product from the reviews in this thread and from what I've heard from others.

Best,
Jason

I bit the bullet, and ordered the upgrade tonight. I'm looking forward to the Zulu when it arrives. Sounds like a good product from the reviews in this thread and from what I've heard from others.

Best,
Jason

You won't regret it. Very nice headset! Enjoy.

yea, matt did a side by side comparison of the 303G and Zulu in the flybaby yesterday. zulu is far superior, cancels out the screaming noise of the flying wires, and also the seal doesnt break on takeoff resulting in annoying buzzing.

Yup, the Zulu is sweet. More comfortable which is saying a lot as the 3gs are very comfortable.

I was going to try them both in passive mode but couldn't figure out how to turn off the Zulu set. Though they have smaller cups and pads I suspect they are about as good in passive mode as the 3gs since the pads seal so much better.

Moot point anyway as it's no big deal to carry a spare battery.

Eliminating the wing wire scream is the selling point for me and they are just as good or better in the low end. Switching back to the 3gs was just intolerable.

Yup, the Zulu is sweet. More comfortable which is saying a lot as the 3gs are very comfortable.

I was going to try them both in passive mode but couldn't figure out how to turn off the Zulu set. Though they have smaller cups and pads I suspect they are about as good in passive mode as the 3gs since the pads seal so much better.

Moot point anyway as it's no big deal to carry a spare battery.

Eliminating the wing wire scream is the selling point for me and they are just as good or better in the low end. Switching back to the 3gs was just intolerable.

Hold the on/off until the light goes out.

Sorry to bump this up. I just think that it's unfortunate that this program was never really brought back.
1.gif

To the best of my knowledge, Trade up is still there

It would be very nice to see a new program like this for this year if anyone is still using it.
vbulletin-smile.gif

I traded up to the PFX five weeks ago, and have flown with it over a dozen times.

I'm still not sure what I think of it. The headset is VERY well made, as befits its breathtaking price. The Kevlar coated cords are nice, since we have sliced the cord on our Zulus several times.

The Super ANR is...different. It starts with normal ANR, and then kicks into "super" ANR after a length of time that varies from 2 minutes to 45 minutes. I know this sounds crazy, and I agree, but that's the way it works in the very loud back seat of our RV-8.

When it kicks in, there is nothing quieter. And music sounds amazing. But the lag is annoying.

At first the headsets didn't work for Mary at all. Lightspeed sent us an extra thick head pad, and voila, it started to work. But with the almost random warm-up period.

So, there you have it. When it kicks on in a reasonable period of time, the PFX is great.

PFX Pricing?

I see the list price is $1100, and I read somewhere that Lightspeed does not allow dealers to *advertise* a price less than $900.

Wow... the best deal I've seen is that if you buy three or more PFX, then one dealer will knock the price down to $1050 each.

Anyone find a seller discounting these headsets? I'd like to buy a couple of pairs.

Paul

Back