Lightspeed surgery

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
So I finally got a round tuit and performed surgery on my Lightspeed 20-3G headset. The ANR had quit working, and I didn't want to send it in, so Lightspeed handed me an entire new battery box at Oshkosh. This is what it looked like to put it in:

1. Remove the left-hand ear cup:
DSCN3149.jpg

2. Remove the inner foam:
DSCN3150.jpg

3. Undo some screws, and pull the other side off the earcup:
DSCN3152.jpg

4. Detach the cable from the old box:
DSCN3153.jpg

5. Voila. Old box out.
DSCN3154.jpg

Reverse the steps, and it's all back together. The new battery box even has stronger springs, like I'd suggested to them a while back. Sweet.

I had to replace my battery box as well. It was very easy to do and now I notice that my leg doesn't bump the on/off switch like it did before. It's a much better design in my opinion. I contacted Lightspeed via email and they sent me the new battery box at no charge and without question. So far, so good . . . . Geaux Lightspeed!

What's different about the battery box that you won't hit it with your knee? I could use such a fix!

BTW, I tried to become a Lightspeed reseller. The nearest retail location is about a hundred miles away on the other side of Atlanta Class B. Since I don't have a storefront, signage or a display for headsets, I can't become a reseller. As much as I love their product and customer service, their logic bites. That's going to cost local sales due to those who need something faster than mail order. But, I have Telex!

Back