Lightspeed Sierra ANR failure?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
The left hand ear cup of my LS Sierra’s seems to have randomly failed. It’s almost like the headset is mono now, but there’s no ANR in that ear cup, or if there is, it’s faint. Has anyone had this happen? I’m guessing it bit the dust after only a few hundred hours. :(

I believe they have a 5 year warranty. You can call and give them the serial number from the head band and they will let you know if it is still in warranty.

Did you try it in the co-pilot jack?

It happened a second time, about a month after I sent them in for repair. I was flying along last night and the ear cup just died. Does Lightspeed warranty their repair work? I’m going to call them tomorrow. I’ll be pretty dissatisfied if they won’t honor their repair.

Check the phone jacks - does it happen with the co-pilot phone jack? It can be the headset, the jack it plugs into, the wiring to the jack, or the audio panel - not just the headset.

Check the phone jacks - does it happen with the co-pilot phone jack? It can be the headset, the jack it plugs into, the wiring to the jack, or the audio panel - not just the headset.
It does it without being plugged in and just turning the ANR on.

Back