Lightspeed PFX vs. Zulu.2: Any PIREPs?

Forgive me, I didn't know you were in Brenham!

Will you be getting a Tango to play with soon? If so, we shall be heading your way!

I only let my wife play with my stuff :)
Actually I only deal in used headsets. Next time you are in Brenham give me a shout. I am also planning to come stay at your place again soon. I hear Beach's brisket nachos calling me.

And Tina has done us some more than fair deals in the past. So as Jay said, we continue to support her business.

And Tina has done us some more than fair deals in the past. So as Jay said, we continue to support her business.

I tried to buy several things from Tina in the past couple of years. Basic stuff I needed quick and she never had anything in stock. It always needed to be ordered so I just got it from Spruce overnight.

I only let my wife play with my stuff :)
Actually I only deal in used headsets. Next time you are in Brenham give me a shout. I am also planning to come stay at your place again soon. I hear Beach's brisket nachos calling me.
Sadly, Beaches went out of business over a year ago, and has sat empty until now, while Bob & June tried to figure a way out of Obamacare costs.

They were ultimately unable to figure how to surmount the estimated $100K penalty to reopen Beaches, after a 4-month total remodel, so they have sold it. It is going to reopen soon under the name "Mack Daddy's".

I have missed their food terribly. We ate there at least weekly. I'm glad someone has bought it!

I tried to buy several things from Tina in the past couple of years. Basic stuff I needed quick and she never had anything in stock. It always needed to be ordered so I just got it from Spruce overnight.
And that is the reason we don't have any pilot shops left.

Or local hardware stores, etc.

I am blessed to have an honest to God locally owned full hardware store next to the hotel. It's been fantastic, during our 5-year renovation of Amelia's Landing, and I am in there several times a day.

But if they don't have something, I have to wait till the next truck comes -- on Wednesday. When I tell the owner, a good friend of mine, that I can get it overnight on Amazon, he just shrugs. His supply line cannot compete with the internet, and I imagine the store won't survive too many more years.

At some point, this retail consolidation is going to bite us in the butt.

In practice, the size of the battery box doesn't matter, at least not in my plane. It sets on the arm rest, out of sight.

Battery life, while not as good as Zulu, isn't terrible. We replace them ~3 times per year, and we fly a LOT.

My goal with our next headsets (whatever they may be) will be to use ships power and screw the need for batteries.

That is a significant option IMO, one that it looks like the new LS Tango is going to offer. Bose has always had that option, boss had the Twin Otter fully fitted with them.

Back