Lightspeed - credit when credit is due.

NDpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
NDpilot
Just would like to post my recent experience with Lightspeed regarding my contact with their service department.
I bought an extra pair of Lightspeed headsets for my wife who rarely flys. They had very little use and and were in need of repair of the gain on the microphone. I explained the circumstances to Lightspeed who repaired the headsets outside of warranty for no cost. Headsets now works well and are repaired.
Nice to have a very positive experience, and know that they know that service and support do matter.:)

They've always treated me well. Recently traded in my 14 yo 3G for a new Zulu.2 set. After 14 years they gave me $400 credit for a $600 headset (new!). Cost per year was pretty darn cheap!

A couple of times I've asked for things either defective (bad switch on one 30-3G) or just wear or things I broke (headband on one headset I dropped a suitcase on or the earcups on my 30-3G) and they just reached under the table and handed them to me. They offered to repair the defective switch but said if I wanted I could just do it myself and handed me a entire replacement battery box/module.

Lightspeed and E.I. both go above and beyond went comes to customer service.

Lightspeed replaced a cable at no charge even though I told them I closed the airplane door on it and left it for the weekend.

E. I. replaced a complete UBG-16 unit---a few years past warranty---after the display "started leaking" and began producing a very entertaining in-flight light show.

A-1 companies like these create loyal customers.

I had good experience with David Clark. Seems that headset manufacturers really excel at customer service. I wish other companies took an example. For 80 bucks, they replaced a cord on a 20 year headset, and put all components in a new case, gave me free gel ear cushions too.

I can't complain about the service I've gotten from Softcomm, either. 10 year old headset and they overhauled (read - fixed issues) for about $70. Beat the heck out of buying a new headset.

Back