Lightspeed Aviation Grants

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
For those of you who aren't aware, or haven't voted yet, the finalists for the 2013 Lightspeed Aviation Foundation Grant ($50K) have been posted. Go vote. Of course some of us have our favorites (can you say Pilots N Paws?) but don't let that sway you.

Pick the organization you support, or believe can best use the funds. All the details are here:

http://www.lightspeedaviationfoundation.org/content.cfm/Voting

Warning: Only 1 vote per person.

Voted for ya. Doesn't CAP get government funding? Seems like they could hardly use another 50K.

Doesn't CAP get government funding?
Less than half overall budget, mostly for purchase of aircraft and vehicles to support mostly DoD missions. I saw some slides on the topic, but I can't find them, and can't remember if they were confidential.

Less than half overall budget, mostly for purchase of aircraft and vehicles to support mostly DoD missions. I saw some slides on the topic, but I can't find them, and can't remember if they were confidential.

Are you saying the CAP has 100,000 budget???:dunno::dunno:..

More like 100 times that.... I am a CAP member and ashamed to admit it..:redface::(..

The CAP needs a 50,000 grant like Obama needs to get re-elected..:skeptical:

Vote for RAF... Those guys have aviation in their best interest...:yes:

Are you saying the CAP has 100,000 budget???:dunno::dunno:..

More like 100 times that.... I am a CAP member and ashamed to admit it..:redface::(..

The CAP needs a 50,000 grant like Obama needs to get re-elected..:skeptical:

Vote for RAF... Those guys have aviation in their best interest...:yes:

No. I am saying that federal spending is half of their operating budget. Sorry for the confusion.

Back