lightening strike map?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I am looking for such an image, as close to current as possible - of the entire US, and a map with motion - like the radar and sat images; if anyone knows of one.
Thanks.
extra, punctuation; added- for: KI's benefit! ;)

OK I guess its not available, yet. Thanks, those were interesting links.

How about this one Dave,
It is a paid subscription I have, but it is cheap to AOPA members. Costs me $9.00/mo. It is zoomable and fairly current.
Don

Last edited:
see where there is a cluster of boy scouts and you'll find it?

another one got hit by lightning in the past day or so!

woodstock said:

Is that like trailer parks and tornados? :rolleyes:

woodstock said:

another one got hit by lightning in the past day or so!

Dam boy scouts... They must be here in Lafayette and in Houston. Every day I am flying in 7 around these dam T-storms.

Monday night there was one from Beaumont to Houston along the coast. I NEVER have seen that much lighting before. It would not stop. There were multiple strikes every second for an hour as I was flying past it.

Well, Another hour & I am back into them ... I think I will leave my tin foil hat home tonight :)

Eamon said:
Dam boy scouts... They must be here in Lafayette and in Houston. Every day I am flying in 7 around these dam T-storms.

Monday night there was one from Beaumont to Houston along the coast. I NEVER have seen that much lighting before. It would not stop. There were multiple strikes every second for an hour as I was flying past it.

Well, Another hour & I am back into them ... I think I will leave my tin foil hat home tonight :)

Welcome to the Gulf coast. :hairraise:

Back