Light sport in the LA area.

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
The little Remos LSA that I used to fly at Cable is down for maintenance for at least a few months.

There used to be a Sting available for rent at Chino, but it looks like that is gone now too.

Anyone know of an LSA that is available to rent somewhere in the San Gabriel Valley area?

Not sure how far you're willing to drive but Sunrise Aviation at SNA has a fleet of Evektors. I rented one from them while I was visiting, good experience overall. Nice people there, even let me spend a few hours in the classroom organizing my belongings after I evacuated my hotel(it tried to burn down lol).

Fly Light Sports CA out of Fullerton has a Remos GX. In a few weeks, Deon will have his other Remos GX (from South Africa) at Fullerton. It's not the San Gabriel Valley, but it's just down the 57 fwy to the 91... not terribly far away. I'm training with Fly Light Sports CA and can tell you that Deon's Remos is a nice, solid aircraft and I enjoy flying it.

Alternatively, in El Monte, I believe the SoCal Flying Club has a CTsw for rent. Not sure if you've flown a CTsw before, but if not, I imagine there would be a couple hours for checkout.

Last edited:
Back